Zoom’s H1n Handy Recorder brings sound capturing and audio sampling to a new level of excellence. Designed for creators, it won’t take long before you’re relying on the H1n for all kinds of content creation.
Achieving professional audio quality shouldn’t require professional sound engineers. The H1n’s X/Y microphones work hard at capturing studio-quality sound so you don’t have to. Microphones support recordings of up to 24-bit audio and in a variety of sampling rates and formats.
Functions of the H1n automatically capture loud sounds cleanly so you don’t have to worry about distortion or clipping. The onboard Limiter records levels up to 120 dB SPL – the perfect threshold for recording death metal bands – and a low cut filter keeps pops and low-frequency rumble out of your audio.
Packed with tons of ways to get creative, the H1n has unlimited overdubbing, so you can add as many layers as you want to a track. One must-have feature is the tone generator, which seamlessly calibrates audio levels between the H1n and the camera it’s paired with. Playback Speed Control meticulously matches pitch while you’re transcribing, making the process much easier.
There’s almost no chance of missing a candid moment thanks to several features on the H1n. Auto-record, pre-record and self-time functions are all great tools to make sure you capture more of the moments you can’t see coming.
The H1n provides professional sound even without a professional operating it. It might be easy enough to use that a time traveler from the 1600s could record with it. Single-touch button controls and a highly visible 1.25” LCD display make everything about recording with the H1n as easy as possible.
The Handy Recorder works excellently independently but plays well with others too – it’s the perfect job candidate! Record with external mics and other sources from the 1/8” stereo mic/line input, which also supplies 2.5 volts of plug-in power. Listen to recordings via the 1/8” headphone output (with volume control) or from the built-in speaker. A USB port can be used for sending data, as a USB mic, and as a microSD card reader.
Zoom H1n Features
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25" monochrome LCD display
- Intuitive menus for easy operation
- Stereo X/Y 90°microphones handle up to 120 dB SPL
- Stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Stereo 1/8" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Limiter button for input signal up to 120 dB SPL
- Playback Speed Control, Voice Emphasize Filter, and Stereo Bounce functions
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record, and Self-Timer functions
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries (sold separately), or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
- H1n handy recorder1
- Simultaneous playback tracks2
- Simultaneous recording tracks2
- Recording formatsWAV: 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96kHz/24-bit
- A/D conversion24-bit, 128x oversampling
- D/A conversion24-bit, 128x oversampling
- Signal processing32-bit
- Recording mediamicroSD/microSDHC cards (Class 4 or higher, up to 32GB)
- Display1.25" monochrome LCD (96 x 64)
- Built-in stereo mic
- Type: unidirectional condenser, 90° XY stereo format
- Gain: -∞ dB to +39 dB
- Max SPL: 120dB SPL
- Type: 1/8" stereo phone jack
- Rated input level: -∞ dB to -39 dBm
- Input impedance: 2 kΩ
- Plug-in power supported (2.5V)
- Type: 1/8" stereo phone jack (combined line/headphones)
- Rated output level: 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
- Output impedance: 10kΩ or more
- Built-in speaker500mW mono speaker
- Built-in speaker output impedance8Ω
- Type: Micro USB port
- Mass storage class operation: USB 2.0 high speed
- Audio interface operation: 44.1/48kHz sampling rate, 16-bit depth, 2-in/2-out
- Transfer method: asynchronous
- Power requirements2 AAA batteries OR AC adapter (DC 5V/1A) OR USB bus power
- Battery lifeapproximately 10 hours
- Dimensions (WxDxH)1.9x5.4x1.2"
- Weight without batteries2.12 oz (60 g)