Part of the EKX portable loudspeaker series from Electro-Voice, the EKX-12P 12" powered speaker combines quality and reliability in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios. Ideal for musicians, DJs and live performance, and installed sound applications, the innovative EKX-12P is equipped with features that optimize performance and versatility, including EV-engineered speaker and amplifier components and on-board signal processing with user-friendly single-knob control and application presets for easy set-up. Electro-Voice’s award-winning industrial design – incorporating robust wood enclosures, premium-quality hardware, and durable EVCoat finish – ensures that EKX speakers look as great as they sound.
Electro-Voice Speaker Features
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV's signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- High-efficiency 1500 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 132 dB peak SPL on the EKX-12P via high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points, aluminum pole mounts, and all-metal handles.
In the Box
- 1x EKX-12P 12" Powered Speaker
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 60 Hz - 18 kHz¹
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 50 Hz - 20 kHz¹
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB²
- Coverage (H x V): 90" x 60"
- Power Rating: 1500 W
- LF Transducer: EVS-12M 300 mm (12 in)
- HF Transducer: DH-1M 1-inch titanium compression driver
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7 kHz
- Connectors: (1) Stereo RCA input, (2) XLR/TRS combo jack, and (1) XLR link output
- Enclosure: 15 mm plywood with EVCoat
- Grille: 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- Suspension: (8) M10 threaded mounting points
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 607 mm x 375 mm x 356 mm (24 in x 15 in x 14 in)
- Net Weight: 18.8 kg (41.4 lb)
- Shipping Weight: 22.9 kg (50.4 lb)
- Power Consumption: 1.8 A³