An unmistakable stage icon for 70 years, the Shure 55SH Series II Unidyne® Vocal Microphone features a signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing for pure vintage look and feel with modern acoustic components to meet today's performance standards. This microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The 55SH Series II microphone has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 15 kHz
- Output Impedance270 Ω
- Sensitivity-58 dBV/Pa
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- SeriesShure Classic Microphones
- Net Weight0.624 kg (1.37 lb)