Take your instrument miking to the next level of quality and reliability with Shure’s Beta 56A Supercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone. Boasting a frequency response that’s specifically tailored for capturing great sound from drums (such as snares and toms) and percussion, the Beta 56A is also ideal for other close miking applications, such as instrumental miking of guitar amplifiers, brass instruments, and woodwinds.
The Beta 56A features an extremely uniform supercardioid pickup pattern, affording you high gain-before-feedback as well as excellent rejection of unwanted noise. An advanced pneumatic shock mount system is integrated into the microphone to further enhance sound isolation by minimizing the transmission of mechanical noises and vibration. This makes the Beta 56A ideal for capturing premium-quality audio from the desired source.
Built to Shure’s stringent quality standards, the Beta 56A is designed for the rigors of hardcore performance—all in a compact build that reduces stage clutter and makes it easy to position even in tight setups. A built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector for simplified setup, enhanced flexibility, and reliable positioning holds the mic securely even if it’s hit by a drumstick during performance. A neodymium magnet allows for high signal-to-noise ratio. A hardened steel mesh grille helps the Beta 52A resist the wear and tear of touring, as well as protects it during storage.
Please note - Any Beta drum microphone featuring the letter 'A' following the model number contains a new capsule; as a result, you can expect a more natural high-frequency response.
The Beta 56A is great for:
- Close miking applications
- Drums (such as snares and toms) and percussion
- Guitar amplifiers
- Brass and woodwinds
More about Shure Beta Microphones
For over two decades, Shure Beta Microphones have been the choice of top touring and recording professionals for capturing fine details in demanding acoustic environments. Each specialized model is precision-engineered for focused, accurate reproduction of the intended source. Recognized for their superior construction, low handling noise, and high gain-before-feedback, Beta Microphones redefine sensitivity and control for essential, expert sound reinforcement.
Shure Beta 56A Features
- Tailored frequency response provides drums, amplified instruments, and horns with studio quality sound
- Built-in stand adapter with dynamic locking system and XLR connector simplifies setup and provides greater flexibility
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists wear and abuse
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio output
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Great for snare drum, tom-toms, guitar and bass amps, brass and woodwinds
- Beta 56A instrument microphone1
- 95A2050 5/8” to 3/8” (Euro) Thread Adapter1
- 26A21 Storage bag1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 16 kHz
- Output Impedance150 ohms
- Sensitivity-51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Weight1.6 pounds