Excellent for touring professionals, the Beta 87C premium vocal microphone from Shure delivers a smooth tailored response for a warm, natural studio-grade performance. Ideal for lead and backup vocals as well as spoken word, this mic is great for live performances on-stage as well as recording in the studio—whatever your venue, this professional-level mic is the perfect choice for making your voice sound its best.
The Beta 87C’s uniform cardioid pattern provides maximum sound isolation and minimum off-axis tone coloration, rejecting ambient sound from the rear of the microphone—perfect for singers using personal monitor systems. A 3-stage pop filter minimizes breath noise and vocal pops. A controlled low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound that can happen with close-up use.
The Beta 87C boasts a frequency response of 50 - 20,000 Hz. Performance characteristics prevail even at sound pressure levels as high as 139 dB SPL. Plus, the cartridge is shielded by a proven shock mount system to absorb mechanical shock and minimize handling noise.
This condenser mic is an excellent choice for professional studio recording, yet it is built to withstand the rigors of touring thanks to a hardened steel mesh grille. It also comes with a break-resistant stand adapter for durable, reliable mic positioning.
The Beta 87C is great for:
- Lead vocals
- Backup vocals
More about Shure Beta Microphones
For over two decades, Shure Beta Microphones have been the choice of top touring and recording professionals for capturing fine details in demanding acoustic environments. Each specialized model is precision-engineered for focused, accurate reproduction of the intended source. Recognized for their superior construction, low handling noise, and high gain-before-feedback, Beta Microphones redefine sensitivity and control for essential, expert sound reinforcement.
Shure Beta 87C Features
- Smooth, wide frequency response, slight presence rise
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern for maximum isolation
- Minimum off-axis tone coloration
- Low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Three-stage pop filter minimizes breath pop and noise
- Break-resistant stand adapter
- Beta 87C vocal condenser microphone1
- Swivel adapter1
- Carrying bag1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 16 kHz
- Output Impedance100 Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage)−51 dBV/Pa (2 mV)
- Max. SPL (1kHz at 1% THD, 1kΩ load)139 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1kHz)70.5 dB
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz, 1kΩ load)117 dB
- Clipping Level (1kHz at 0.25% THD, 1kΩ load)-6dBV (0.5V)
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted)22 dB typical
- Hum Pickup (typical, at 60Hz, equivalent SPL/mOe)-5dB
- Polaritypositive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector3-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements11 to 52 Vdc phantom (1.2 mA)
- Weight0.475 pounds