The Heil PR 28 microphone is made specifically for toms, and snare drums along with other percussion instruments like bongos, conga, timbale, djembes and more. However, the PR 28 is suitable for other uses as well where a wide frequency range and immaculate isolation is desired.
Heil Sound engineered the PR 28 with a dual suspension dynamic element to eliminate unwanted vibrations and noise, even in the most extreme settings; like when placed above or beneath drums with close proximity monitors, bass cabinets and other sound sources. In fact, the PR 28 dutifully isolates the target drum from neighboring drums just inches away, with precision and ease.
The PR 28 has the ability to withstand very high SPL's, meaning it can bring out the best in even the hardest hitting drummers without overload, or bleed-through. When coupled with the optional (patent-pending) HH-1 Mount, it will easily mount and remain exactly where you need it on the drum.
Heil Sound PR 28 Features
- Built for toms, snare drums, and other percussion instruments
- Wide frequency range and immaculate isolation
- Dual suspension dynamic element eliminates unwanted vibrations and noise
- High SPL tolerance
- Pair with HH-1 mount
- PR 28 dynamic drum microphone1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response55 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance600 ohms balanced
- Sensitivity-51 dBV/Pa
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Weight9.6 oz