Enjoy the freedom of hands-free audio at an affordable price with the PGA31 Headset Microphone from Shure. Ideal for general, speaking, and performance use, this condenser mic has a comfortable design and secure fit with a flexible gooseneck for optimized mobility and perfect mic placement. This makes the PGA31 headset mic a great choice for multi-instrumentalists, presenters, active performers, and anyone who needs user-friendly, reliable audio in a hands-free build.
The PGA31’s frequency response is specifically tailored to reproduce great sound for vocals. The unidirectional (cardioid) polar pattern efficiently “aims” at the desired sound source while minimizing the pickup of unwanted noise from the back and sides for higher gain-before-feedback when using a stage monitor. The PGA31 is a permanently-charged electret condenser mic, eliminating the need for an external charge and providing crisp, detailed vocals.
The PGA31 comes with a TA4F (TQG) connector, as well as a windscreen to minimize plosives, further contributing to its clean, intelligible sound reproduction. This mic is compatible with a wide range of Shure wireless systems.
More about Shure’s PG Alta Series
The PG ALTA™ (PGA) series of microphones from Shure offers an affordable solution for entry-level or budget-conscious users who need professional-caliber performance. Whether you’re capturing audio live or in a studio, PGA mics are ideal for capturing reliable, accurate audio from nearly any sound source, including vocals, acoustic instruments, drums, and amplified electronic instruments. Designed and constructed with the utmost care, PGA mics are made to last and are built according to the stringent quality and testing standards of all Shure products.
With the PG ALTA™ Microphone family, Shure continues its 90-year tradition of manufacturing audio products of the highest quality and construction. The PG ALTA family delivers rock-solid sound and reliability that sets the bar for accessible, professional gear for performance and recording.
Shure PGA31 Features
- Wearable wireframe headset fits securely for multi-instrumentalists and active performers
- Permanently-charged electret condenser element for detailed, crisp vocals
- Unidirectional (cardioid) polar pattern rejects unwanted noise for improved sound quality and higher gain-before-feedback
- Flexible gooseneck design and discrete adjustment options optimize microphone positioning for further source isolation
- Included windscreen tames plosives for clean and intelligible sound reproduction
- Available with a wide variety of Shure wireless systems, renowned for ease-of-use and reliable performance
- Included windscreen tames plosive, breath and wind noise for clean and intelligible sound
- Tailored frequency response primed for great sound on vocals
- Legendary Shure precision engineering for durability and performance
- PGA31 Headset Condenser Microphone1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance (@ 1 kHz, typical)600 Ω
- Audio Output Level-50 dBV/Pa
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (@ 1 kHz)66 dB
- Maximum SPL (1000 Ω load, @ 3% THD)145.0 dB
- Dynamic Range (@ 1 kHz, 1000 Ω load)117.0 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (Typical, A-Weighted)28 dB
- Power Requirements+5 V DC (nominal), 10 V maximum (DC bias)
- Cable50 inches (1.3 m)
- Net Weight1.59 oz (45 g)
- Measurements taken using RK100PK preamp set @ 0 dB using 8k bias resistor.
- * All specifications measured with a 48 VDC phantom power supply. The microphone operates at lower voltages, but with slightly decreased headroom and sensitivity