Blackmagic Design SDI to audio converter de-embeds audio from any SDI source in SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. Audio output is 1/4" connectors for balanced analog and AES/EBU output to mixers, analog decks, audio monitors, and more. Connections are multi-rate and automatically detect and switch formats as needed. Compact and rugged construction keep the converter operating safely and easily whether on equipment racks in the studio, on news trucks, or even used outdoors for live sports and other events.
Blackmagic Design SDI to audio converter de-embeds audio from any SDI source in SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. Connections are multi-rate and automatically detect and switch formats as needed. Compact and rugged construction keep the converter operating safely and easily whether on equipment racks in the studio, on news trucks, or even used outdoors for live sports and other events.
Standard 1/4 inch jack connectors are used for all audio connections, so standard cables can be used. These 1/4 inch jack connections are switchable for embedded professional balanced analog audio or AES/EBU digital audio. Both features of the 1/4 inch jack connections eliminate extra equipment of custom cables and a separate converter for analog and digital audio.
Long cable lengths can be run without losing video quality due to low SDI jitter and full SDI re-clocking. 10-bit video processing and low noise level when moving from between analog and digital also makes the converter ideal for broadcast, postproduction, and professional AV. User friendly design provides easy cable access, and quick setting changes from built-in mini switches. 3G-SDI technology that comes with the converter can be updated as video formats change by loading the upgrade via the converter’s built-in USB connection.
Blackmagic Design Mini Converter SDI to Audio Features
- Multi-rate connections are compatible with most SD and HD-SDI equipment
- Automatically detects the input signal and switch formats as needed
- 1/4 inch audio jacks so custom cables aren’t needed
- Redundant SDI input so a second SDI cable can be run as a back up
- High quality 10-bit video processing and low jitter SDI
- Full SDI re-clocking
- Easily accessed cables and controls
- Mini Converter SDI to Audio1
- 12V universal power supply with international socket adapters1
- Converter Utility software1
- SDI Video Inputs: 1 x SD, HD or 3G‑SDI. 1 x ALT SDI Input for automatic switch over if main input fails.
- SDI Video Outputs: 1 x SDI Loop Output.
- Analog Audio Outputs: 4 channels of professional balanced analog audio.
- Digital Audio Outputs: 8 channels of professional balanced AES/EBU audio.
- SDI Redundant Inputs: Automatically switches over if main SDI input is lost.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD, HD or 3G‑SDI.
- Updates and Configuration: Via USB 2.0 high speed. (480 Mb/s)
- Reclocking: Yes
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards: 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M level B, SMPTE 425M level B, ITU‑R BT.656 and ITU‑R BT.601
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video inputs are automatically detected between standard definition, high definition and level B 3G‑SDI.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2, 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2, 4:4:4
- SDI Color Space: YUV, RGB
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD, HD, and 3G‑SDI.
- Software Control: Mac™ and Windows™ software upgrade via USB.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application.
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later.
- Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Settings ControlMini Switches or USB software.
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 5.52 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 ‑ 15V DC
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non‑condensing