Blackmagic Design SDI distribution 4K converter can connect to multiple SDI devices, with one SDI source connected to 8 re-clocked SDI outputs with automatic switching between all SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 3G-SDI and 6G-SDI video formats, plus ASI, ancillary and embedded audio formats. Connections are multi-rate, and formats are automatically detected and switched as needed. Compact and rugged construction keep the converter operating safely and easily whether on equipment racks in the studio, on news trucks, or even used outdoors for live sports and other events.
Feed is stable and protected with redundant SDI input and auto switching SD and HD. Auto switching function instantly switches between standard definition and high definition video formats when the video input changes. Connect a redundant cable to the second SDI input for automatic switchover if the main input is lost for any reason. Redundancy feature is especially helpful in outdoor uses and crowded locations. A loop through SDI output allows you to connect to other devices and is helpful when more than two audio channels are needed.
Standard 1/4 inch jack connectors are used for all audio connections, so standard cables can be used. These 1/4 inch jack connections are switchable for embedded professional balanced analog audio or AES/EBU digital audio. Both features of the 1/4 inch jack connections eliminate extra equipment of custom cables and a separate converter for analog and digital audio.
Long cable lengths can be run without losing video quality due to low SDI jitter and full SDI re-clocking. 10-bit video processing and low noise level when moving from between analog and digital also makes the converter ideal for broadcast, postproduction, and professional AV. User friendly design provides easy cable access, and quick setting changes from built-in mini switches. 6G-SDI technology that comes with the converter can be updated as video formats change by loading the upgrade via the converter’s built-in USB connection.
Blackmagic Design Mini Converter Features
- Multi-rate connections fully compatible with all SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p30
- Automatically detects the input signal and switch formats as needed
- 1/4 inch audio jacks so custom cables aren’t needed
- Redundant SDI input so a second SDI cable can be run as a back up
- High quality 10-bit video processing and low jitter SDI
- Full SDI re-clocking
- Easily accessed cables and controls
- Included Converter Utility software can control settings and update software
- Mini Converter SDI Distribution 4K1
- 12V universal power supply with international socket adapters1
- Three Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- SDI Video Inputs: 1 x SDI Video Input. Switchable between SD, HD and 3G‑SDI.
- SDI Video Outputs: 8 outputs automatically match the SDI video input.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD, HD or 3G‑SDI.
- Reclocking: Yes
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p24, 1080PsF24, 1080p25, 1080PsF25, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p30, 1080PsF30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60.
- 2K Video Standards: 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M level B, SMPTE 425M level B, ITU‑R BT.656 and ITU‑R BT.601
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video inputs are automatically detected between standard definition, high definition and level B 3G‑SDI.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Color Space: YUV and RGB
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically detects SD, HD or 3G‑SDI.
- ASI Support: Yes
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 4.80 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 ‑ 31V DC
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non‑condensing