Power supply not included - requres IEC cable.
Teranex Mini analog to 12G-SDI converts incoming analog video signals to SD, HD, 6G, and 12G-SDI. All SD, HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60 are supported. Multi-rate design enables the converter to automatically detect and change between all SD, HD, and Ultra HD video formats, so the converter can be connected to any existing SD and HD equipment. The Teranex Mini is a great solution for broadcast, postproduction, and professional video applications.
The analog to SDI 12G converter is ideal for broadcast installations with its rack mountable design. Compact and durable construction makes the converter well-suited for portable racks as well, often used at live events or in broadcast trucks. The converter also pairs with audio gear from its professional XLR audio connections and can be used in editing and color grading suites to drive big screen displays and projectors.
Standard, broadcast quality connectors are featured, including full size professional XLR audio connections and high speed BNC connections. Regular power cables can be used since the converter has a built-in multi volt 90V-240V AC power supply and standard IEC AC power connector. Remote control is a convenient feature from the built-in ethernet connection, which can also power the converter when connected to PoE switch. Connect to any pro audio equipment whether analog or digital by switching the professional XLR connections between balanced analog or AES/EBU digital audio. Analog audio on the converter has an extremely low noise floor to give analog audio background the quiet associated with digital.
Built-in mini switches and a diagram on the converter make it quick and easy to change settings. Managing settings over ethernet is helpful for setups using several converters. Innovative thermal design uses crossflow cooling to keep the converter running perfectly even in tough environments. Air flow is continuous with minimal noise, and in rack mounted setups all the converters work together to stay cool and provide redundancy in each converter. Full SDI re-clocking and low jitter help the converter work with longer cables.
Create custom looks and enjoy accurate color representation with 33 point 3D LUT support. The LUTs can also be used to configure the converter as a 3D LUT processor, and DaVinci Resolve is supported. HDMI instant lock continuously sends an active HDMI signal to the display even with the SDI input disconnected. This ensures HDMI projectors and TVs take less time to lock onto a signal when a new source is connected.
Blackmagic Design Teranex Mini Analog to SDI 12G Converter Features
- Power supply not included - requres IEC cable
- Supports all SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60
- Internal AC power supply
- Professional XLR analog and AES/EBU audio connections
- XLR connections can switch between balanced analog or AES/EBU digital audio for connecting to different equipment
- Control with mini switches or remotely via ethernet connection
- Compact size works well in portable racks, and you still get full-sized professional XLR audio connections
- Up to 8 times faster than regular HD-SDI
- Smart thermal design
- HDMI instant lock continuously sends active HDMI signal to the display
- High quality patented Teranex image processing
- 33 point 3D LUT support for color control and customization
- Teranex Mini analog to SDI 12G converter1
- Code for software download1
- SDI Video Outputs: 2x 12G-SDI
- Analog Video Inputs: Composite, Y/C or Component
- Analog Audio Inputs: 2 channels professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors. Right XLR can be configured for timecode input.
- Digital Audio Inputs: 4 channels professional 110Ω balanced digital audio via XLR connectors. Right XLR can be configured for timecode input.
- Multi Rate Support: SDI output switchable between HD for composite and S-Video and Ultra HD for component HD
- Updates and Configuration: USB or Ethernet
- Reclocking: yes
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p50, 1080p59.94
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p50, 2160p59.94
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48kHz and 24-bit
- SDI Color Precision: YUV 4:2:2 and RGB 4:4:4 in HD, 2K and 4K
- SDI Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- Analog Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- Analog Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- Analog Color Precision: 4:2:2
- Software ControlMac™ and Windows™ software upgrade via USB and Ethernet
- Internal Software Upgradevia included updater application
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Settings Control
- Basic: Mini Switches, USB and Ethernet via free software utility
- Optional Front Panel Control: front mounted Smart Panel with LCD, rotary knob and 6 settings buttons
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: 1 x built in international AC power supply with IEC C14 inlet. IEC Power cable required. 100 - 240V AC Input
- Power Over Ethernet: can be powered via 48V DC using PoE+ (power over ethernet)
- Power Consumption: 16 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 100 - 240V AC
- Physical Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 5.51" x 6.69" x 1.75"
- Weight: 1.41 pounds