Experience high quality SDI monitoring with Blackmagic Design’s SmartScope Duo 4K 2 monitor. SmartScope Duo 4K 2 has two 8" LCD screens that can operate independently of each other. The SmartScope Duo 4K 2 takes the functions of the SmartView Duo, and adds independent waveform monitoring. The monitor automatically switches between SD, HD, and 3G-SDI formats. Video formats can be connected and changed any time with SmartScope’s automatic detect and switch capability taking under a second to change format. Lightweight design and thickness just under an inch make the monitor work well for broadcast and portable use.
High quality filtering and scaling keep fine detail in an image. Fully digital design uses SDI inputs to ensure color that is precise and easy to manage across multiple displays. Ethernet allows you to connect the SmartView to your network, controlling multiple monitors from your computer with SmartView software utility. Even in this setup, color remains stable over time since adjustments are electronic. With the software you can adjust monitor brightness, contrast and saturation that apply to individual monitors or both monitors. A white border appears on the monitor that settings are being adjusted for.
Full loop through SDI connections and ethernet network connection are included. Standard 12 volt power supply also has socket adapters for use in different countries. Super clear LCD screens utilize tally borders for quick and easy identification of camera status. Monitor automatically senses the screen’s rotation angle and flip the image to the correct rotation. This function comes in especially helpful in crowded installations in busy production facilities.
Waveform monitoring in the SmartScope Duo 4K 2 lets you select between waveform, vectorscope, RGB parade, YUV parade, histogram, and audio phase level displays. Waveform display eliminates guesswork in adjusting video levels, and is a critical tool for color grading and unifying background levels when keying. Vectorscope and RB/YUV parades help ensure accurate color measurement during color correction. Keep the original detail of your video with histogram monitoring showing pixels and eliminating clipping. All of these capabilities can be assigned to monitors independently or together.
Used for broadcast, post production, on set monitoring, flyaway kits, and broadcast trucks, this monitor is well suited for travel. Pair with live production switchers to build a video wall of camera monitors in your control room.
Blackmagic Design SmartScope Duo Features
- Waveform monitoring with selections of vectorscope, RGB parade, YUV parade, histogram and audio phase with audio level displays
- Supports SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI formats
- Perfect SDI monitoring
- Compact and lightweight construction
- LCD screens with RGB tally borders
- Ideal for live production
- Standard 12 volt power supply with socket adapters supports international use
- SmartScope Duo 4K1
- 12V Power Supply with international socket adapters for all countries1
- SD card with software and manual1
- One Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- Remote control with software1
- SDI Video Input: Automatically switches between SD, HD and 6G-SDI. Reclocked loop through output.
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 10 bit loop through SD, HD and 6G-SDI switchable
- SDI Audio Input: 16 channels embedded in SD, HD and UHD
- SDI Audio Output: 16 channels embedded in SD, HD and UHD
- Multi Rate Support: Standard definition SDI, high definition SDI and 6G-SDI
- Tally: 9-pin D connector
- SD Format Support: 525i29.97 NTSC, 625i25 PAL
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 59.94, 60
- 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- 1080PsF23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 1080i50, 59.94, 60
- 2K Format Support
- 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p
- 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- Ultra HD Format Support2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- SDI ComplianceSMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M Level B and SMPTE 425M
- Audio SamplingTelevision sample rate of 48KHz
- Video Sampling4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Color Precision8-bit
- Color SpaceYUV and RGB
- ComputerInterface USB 2.0 for software updates and Ethernet for configuration
- Colorspace ConversionHardware based real time
- ScopesLuminance Waveform, Vectorscope, RGB Parade, YUV Parade, Histogram, Audio phase and level
- Software Included: Configuration utility for MAC and Windows.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included firmware updater software.
- Physical Installation: 3RU
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: 12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.
- Power Consumption: < 20 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12V - 15V
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing