The SM11 from Shure is a miniature dynamic lavalier microphone designed for TV broadcasting, sound reinforcement, as well as radio and film applications. This mic is an ideal acoustic match for most stand-mounted or desk-mounted microphones, all with characteristic lavalier freedom and versatility.
This small, professional-quality mic boasts a lightweight, unobtrusive design—perfect for positioning in a way that’s almost invisible to avoid visual distraction—and aluminum case construction for optimal versatility, durability, and comfort. Its smooth exterior and recessed grille screen reduce friction against clothing to minimize handling noise as much as possible. The SM11 allows for two mounting options: tie clasp or tie tack. Its included belt clip makes it easy to securely attach the connector to a belt or clothing. It features an omnidirectional pickup pattern, as well as a specifically-tailored pickup pattern that’s designed for lavalier use.
Also included with the SM11 lavalier mic are: an extremely-flexible, long-life cable, tie clasp assembly, tie tack assembly, and a connector belt clip. It also comes with a zippered carrying bag for safe transport from gig to gig, as well as secure storage when not in use. An optional mounting kit is sold separately that allows you to attach the SM11 to various instruments (this option is available as Shure Model RK279).
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM11 Features
- Acoustically matches most stand- or desk-mounted microphones
- Small and lightweight for unobtrusive, virtually unseen operation
- Smooth exterior and recessed grille screen minimize clothing noise
- Rugged aluminum case construction
- Extremely flexible long-life cable
- Two mounting options -- tie clasp or tie tack
- Convenient, secure belt clip attaches connector to belt or clothing
- SM11 Lavalier Microphone1
- RK203TC Tie Clasp Assembly1
- 90A2384 Tie Tack Assembly1
- RK200BC Connector Belt Clip1
- 26A13 Carrying/Storage Bag1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 15 kHz
- Rated Output Impedance150 ohms (200 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)Open Circuit Voltage -64 dBV/Pa (0.60 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Hum Pickup35 dB equivalent SPL in a 1 millioersted field
- CableNon-detachable, 1.2 m (48 in.), two-conductor, shielded, plastic-covered
- ConnectorProfessional three-pin audio (XLR)
- CaseAluminum with gray enamel finish