The legendary SM57 cardioid dynamic instrument microphone is now available with the X2u USB Signal Adapter, which features built-in headphone monitoring with zero latency, and easy controls to balance microphone and playback audio.
Digitally record wherever and whenever your computer takes you - just plug and play for better-than-CD quality instrument reproduction.
The SM57 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
Get as loud and play as hard as you want without compromising on quality with the SM57 Dynamic Instrument Microphone from Shure. Built for the stage but just as home in the studio, this instrument mic delivers optimal audio in every acoustic condition.
The SM57 gives you the tools you need to confidently play with power and connect with your audience. Whether you’re miking a snare, capturing an arpeggiated chord, or performing a powerful saxophone solo, the SM57 reproduces your music in a way that accurately reflects both nuance and strength. Its rugged build makes the SM57 ideal for taking on the punishment of a high kick or flying drumstick.
Turn up the volume and create an immersive audio experience. This mic is specifically designed to handle high-pressure sounds from instruments and amplifiers alike—without suffering distortion that might distract from your art.
The SM57 boasts a tailored frequency response that makes it easy to engineer clean audio in a live sound mix. Its uniform cardioid polar pattern minimizes pickup from the back and sides, so you capture all the sound of your instrument while it stays isolated from background noise. Meanwhile, a built-in pneumatic shock mount system protects your audio from handling noise.
Included with the SM57 Dynamic Instrument Microphone is an A25D Swivel Stand Adapter for easy and versatile mic placement, as well as a 95A2313 Storage Bag to protect your mic when it’s not in use.
The X2u Signal Adapter
The X2u connects any XLR microphone to a computer for recording with headphone monitoring. It features USB connectivity, an integrated preamplifier with Microphone Gain Control, Monitor Mix Control, phantom power, and Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback.
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM57-X2U Features
- Dynamic microphone cartridge with tailored frequency response delivers clear reproduction of amplified and acoustic instruments
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern isolates the sound source while minimizing background noise
- Internal pneumatic shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Legendary construction and versatility for consistent performance under rugged use and abuse on stage or in the studio.
- X2u Features
- Plug and Play USB Connectivity allows the convenience of digital recording anywhere your computer can go (compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X 10.1 or later).
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack for monitoring with 1/8" connectivity
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- 16 bit, up to 48 kHz sample rate for better-than-CD quality audio
- SM57 microphone1
- X2u USB signal adapter1
- A25D swivel stand adapter1
- Microphone storage bag1
- USB cable (9.8 feet)1
- Adapter storage bag1
- SM 57 Microphone
- Transducer Type: dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 15,000Hz
- Polar Pattern: cardioid
- Output Impedance: 310 Ω
- Sensitivity (@ 1kHz, open circuit voltage): 56 dBV/Pa (1.6 mV)
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio (XLR) male
- Housing: dark gray, enamel painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and stainless steel screen
- Dimensions: 6.19" x 1.25" x 0.91"
- Weight: 0.63 pounds
- X2u Adapter
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz (+/- 1 dB)
- Power Requirements: USB-powered, 500 mA, max
- Digital Noise Floor (20Hz to 20,000Hz, A-weighted)
- Minimum MIC GAIN Setting: -81 dB FS
- Maximum MIC GAIN Setting: -78 dB FS
- Sampling Rate: up to 48kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Peak Signal Indicator
- Off: -30 dB FS
- Green: -30 to -12 dB FS
- Yellow: -12 to 0 dB FS
- Red: >0 (digital converter clipped)
- Adjustable Gain Range: 40 dB
- Headphone Output: 1/8" (3.5 mm)