USB digital bundle includes the SM58 cardioid dynamic instrument microphone, X2u USB Signal Adapter, swivel stand adapter, USB cable, and 2 storage bags for warm and clear reproduction in digital recording applications.
The SM58 Vocal Dynamic Microphone
Boasting a classic look and world-renowned engineering, the SM58 is a durable, versatile mic that handles vocals with clarity and precision. It features a uniform cardioid polar pattern that faithfully reproduces your vocals so that they sound their best. The cardioid pattern minimizes the pickup of background noise, so the mic captures your voice—and not any noise from the sides or back. An integrated pneumatic shock mount absorbs handling noise, so your sound doesn’t get lost in vibration. Meanwhile, the iconic spherical mesh grille and the mic’s built-in pop filter protect your audio from wind and plosives, helping you effortlessly screen out unwanted air.
Whether you’re performing in an intimate club setting or an expansive stadium, the SM58 delivers a warm, crisp sound. Great for gigs in the studio or on the stage, this microphone's focused cardioid polar pattern will prevent feedback, cut out low-end noise and provide a greater range in the upper-mid frequencies. Though the SM58 is known for vocals, these features allow it to shine when used with instruments as well.
Though it captures the nuances and delicacies of your vocals, this ruggedly-built mic is designed specifically to handle the rigors of travel. Whether you manage to bend the steel mesh grille, drop it off the stage, or accidentally submerge it in water, the SM58 will give you a solid performance time after time.
The X2u Signal Adapter
The X2u connects any XLR microphone to a computer for recording with headphone monitoring. It features USB connectivity, an integrated preamplifier with Microphone Gain Control, Monitor Mix Control, phantom power, and Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback.
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM58 Features
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- X2u Features
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Includes 3 m USB cable and zippered pouch
- SM58 cardioid dynamic instrument microphone1</span
- X2u USB Signal Adapter1</span
- Swivel stand adapter1</span
- USB cable1</span
- Storage bags2
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 15 kHz
- Output Impedance300 ohms
- Sensitivity-56.0 dBV/Pa
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- HousingDark gray finish
- SeriesShure SM Series Microphones
- Height: 162 mm
- Diameter: 51 mm
- Net Weight: 0.33 kg (0.72 lb)