Add an air of elegance to your professional speech applications with the SM63 series of dynamic omnidirectional microphones from Shure. This series of microphones is perfect for live stage and broadcast applications, as well as recording and studio projects. It also comes in longer variants, which are easier to handle during interviews or when capturing audio out in the field.
The SM63 features a tailored frequency response that optimizes speech intelligibility. It boasts an omnidirectional polar pattern that easily captures audio from all around it, while a controlled low-frequency roll-off helps reduce the pick-up of wind noise. Additionally, a built-in shock mount provides virtual immunity to electromagnetic fields, while an included pop filter minimizes distracting plosives and breathing noise. Another premium feature is its integrated humbucking coil, which protects it from strong hum fields caused by studio lighting and other electronics.
Available SM63 Model Options
This microphone series is designed to combine power and polish and offers three variations to choose from, with the differences simply being the color and length of the microphone itself. The SM63 is ideal for handheld use live on stage, during broadcasts, while recording, or in TV studios. Meanwhile, the SM63L is a longer model and the SM63LB is a longer model with a black finish; these variants are a great choice for remote interviews or other applications where you need more “handle” to grasp.
Included with the SM63 microphone is an A57F Swivel Adapter for perfect positioning and easy setup and a 26A13 Carrying/Storage Bag. The SM63L variant includes an RK229WS Brown Windscreen, while the SM63LB variant includes a 49A130 Black Windscreen—the perfect accessories to protect your audio from wind, movement, and heavy breathing.
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM63 Features
- High output, low impedance
- 80 to 20,000 Hz frequency response tailored for optimum speech intelligibility
- Low-frequency roll off and built-in shock mount for reduced pickup of handling noise and stand vibration
- Humbucking coil for virtual immunity to strong electromagnetic hum fields
- Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille that resists damage from drops up to 2 m
- Patented Shure shock mount system minimizes handling noise
- Immune to rust, corrosion, and moisture
- Built-in pop filter that suppresses breath and wind noise
- Excellent balance and feel for hand-held use
- Supplied snap-in stand adapter
- Sleek, handsome appearance looks good on stage, screen, and television
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance298 Ω
- Sensitivity-56.5 dBV/Pa
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- HousingBlack or Champagne finish aluminum with VERAFLEX™ grille
- SeriesShure SM Series Microphones
- Net Weight (SM63): 99 g (3.5 oz.)
- Net Weight (SM63L, SM63LB): 124 g (4.3 oz.)