Experience legendary quality with the SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone from Shure. This mic expertly captures and enhances your voice while simultaneously blocking out distractions, so you always sound your absolute best. From big-time broadcasting to professional-caliber podcasting to recording in the studio, the SM7B is the ideal choice for critical miking applications, delivering smooth, warm vocals that preserve the innate beauty of your sound. It is also ideal for close-miking instruments for studio recording.
The SM7B boasts a wide-range frequency response. Its detailed audio profile enables words to travel far without getting distorted in any way, so they arrive at their destination with quality and clarity intact. Your audience will feel as if you’re talking directly to them in a one-on-one conversation, even if you’re far across the room or even broadcasting from another location altogether.
The SM7B features an innovative air suspension shock isolation that eliminates mechanical and handling noise and a pop filter to minimize breathiness and vocal plosives. A detachable close-talk windscreen keeps wind, breathing, and movement noise from distracting from your sound. The classic uniform cardioid polar pattern efficiently rejects off-axis audio, making it easy to “aim” your mic at the sound you want to capture while avoiding background noise from the sides and back. Meanwhile, advanced electromagnetic shielding protects your audio from distortion and pickup of hum from computer monitors and other studio equipment.
This ruggedly-constructed mic is designed for a confidently secure connection to the mic cartridge. The mic’s dynamic cartridge provides a flat-wide-range frequency response for clean, natural reproduction of music and speech—all while it reduces distortion from loud noises. It features a graphic display and controls to fine-tune your settings of bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost). Also included with the SM7B is a close-talk windscreen that can be removed when it isn’t needed, as well as a cover plate for protecting the mic’s switching mechanism.
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM7B Features
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against plosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Excels in podcasting, streaming, and recording studios
- SM7B vocal dynamic microphone1
- Windscreen A7WS1
- Switch cover plate RPM6021
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance150 Ω
- Sensitivity-59 dBV/Pa
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Housingenamel aluminum and steel case
- SeriesShure SM Series Microphones
- Height: 7.5"
- Net Weight: 1.69 pounds (0.764 kg)