Take your vocal performance to a whole new level with the SM86 Vocal Condenser Microphone from Shure. Designed for professional use in live performance, this mic is great for singing and speaking applications and is also a great choice for stage or personal monitors.
The SM86 is constructed to be extremely durable to withstand the physical punishment of touring—all while consistently delivering a clear, studio-quality sound, performance after performance. It offers an extended high-frequency response (of 50 Hz to 18 kHz) that has been specifically tailored for the clear reproduction of your vocals.
This condenser microphone’s unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern ensures that you capture your vocals accurately while minimizing the pickup of unwanted background noise. It also includes an integrated 3-point shock mount that further minimizes handling noise (for a self-noise of 23dB typical, A-weighted), while a 2-stage pop filter reduces noise from wind, breath, and plosive pops. The result is a clear, faithful reproduction of your vocals, so your audience can enjoy your sound without any distractions.
Included with the SM86 Vocal Condenser Microphone are an A25D break-resistant microphone clip for easy positioning right out of the box, a /8" to 3/8" thread adapter, and a microphone bag for safe storage when not in use.
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM86 Features
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- SM86 vocal microphone1
- A25D break resistant microphone clip1
- Microphone bag1
- 5/8" to 3/8" Thread adapter1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance150Ω (at 1kHz)
- Sensitivity at 1kHz, open circuit voltage-50dBV/Pa (3.15mV)
- Output clipping level+3dBV (1.41V) 1kΩ load, at 1kHz
- Max SPL147dB (1kΩ load, 1% THD)
- Self noise23dB typical, A-weighted
- Dynamic range124 dB (1kΩ load)
- Signal to noise ratio71dB
- Connector3-pin professional audio connector
- Weight9.8 oz (278 g)