With Audio-Technica’s 5000 Series you can mix and match components to create the wireless system that works best for you. Options of two receivers and two transmitters establish solid audio quality at the heart of any sound setup. Choose between bodypack transmitter (ATW-T2501) or handheld transmitter (ATW-T2502). Both battery-operated transmitters offer frequency range options, soft-touch controls to change a variety of settings, convenient OLED display screens, and more. Whatever elements you use, you will hear excellent audio quality enjoyed by professional artists, broadcasters, and presenters worldwide.
Dual-channel wireless receiver ATW-R5220DAN is one choice for the command center of the 5000 Series. Analog receiver uses 2 balanced XLR outputs with adjustable attenuator, allowing the receiver to function with various mixers and control equipment. Dante output terminal lets the receiver be controlled and monitored remotely when in use. A single universal self-selecting internal power supply with standard IEC power connector is incorporated, eliminating the need for a wall wart.
Sound control options are part of either transmitter choice, but the bulk of the power is in the receiver. Scan feature establishes desired frequencies, or this can be done manually. 144 MHz UHF tuning bandwidth allows maximum versatility in congested RF environments, and an auto squelch feature automatically adjusts noise setting, maximizing operating range while minimizing interference. Antenna cascade output provides power to connect up to 8 receivers (16 channels of wireless) fed by a single pair of antennas.
True diversity reception provides better sound quality and reduces the potential for dropouts. Reception works with RF inputs feeding two completely independent RF sections, and automatic logic circuitry constantly comparing and selecting the superior received signal. Dual-compander circuitry lends the unique ability to process high and low frequencies separately, creating unmatched audio quality.
Front panel and OLED receiver display indicate information to stay aware of system status. All functions of the receiver are accessed from soft-touch buttons and the control-dial on the front panel, which also has a headphone jack with volume control and channel-selection switch. OLED display alternates between a main screen and performance mode screen, conveniently displaying need-to-know information. The receiver has rugged housing and takes up a standard 1U 19” rack mount, making it work well for professional tours, one of the 5000 Series most common uses.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
Audio-Technica ATW-R5220DAN Features
- 144 MHz UHF tuning bandwidth
- Antenna cascade output allows 8 receivers to be connected, so a single pair of antennas can feed up to 16 channels of wireless
- Auto squelch function
- Dual compander circuitry processes high and low frequencies separately
- Frequency sync and IR sync functionality
- OLED receiver screen switches between standard and performance view
- 2 balanced XLR outputs
- Wireless network monitoring and control software
- ATW-R5220DAN Dual Channel Wireless Receiver with Dante1
- Receiving system True diversity
- Image rejection 80 dB nominal
- RF sensitivity 18 dBuV at 60 dBA S/N ratio (50 ohms termination)
- Maximum output level XLR, Balanced, +18 dBV
- Headphone output connector 6.3 mm (1/4") TRS Stereo
- Headphone output power 180 mW, typical
- Antenna input BNC-type, 50 ohms
- Antenna power 12 V DC, 150 mA (combined)
- Power supply 100 to 240 V AC (50/60 Hz)
- Operating temperature range -5 ºC to +45 ºC (23 º F to 113 ºF)
- Dimensions 482.0 mm (18.98") x 361.0 mm (14.21") x 43.0 (1.69") mm (W x D x H)
- Weight (without accessories) Approx. 4.8 kg (169.3 oz)