The ME 2-II from Sennheiser is an omnidirectional lavalier microphone designed to capture speech and vocals. It takes concepts found in the original ME-2 and expands them, focusing the frequency response and offering full compatibility with digital RF-transmission systems. Whereas the ME-2 could introduce noise if the capsule and transmit antenna were over 7.9” away from each other, the ME 2-II is 100% compliant with digital RF systems, such as the SpeechLine Digital Wireless system.
Also, where the ME-2 gave you a frequency response of 30 Hz to 20 kHz, this iteration narrows the range from 50 Hz to 18 kHz. The focusing allows thecapsule to hone in more on appropriate tonalities, minimizing the capture of frequencies piercingly high and unnecessarily low in the context of vocal recording.
Additionally, this model features a lighter-weight housing compared to the original, as well as an improved clip and an integrated windscreen. A cable length of 5.2' provides enough slack for nearly any situation, at the end of which sits a locking 3.5mm Sennheiser-style connector for compatible systems, such as the AVX, XS Wireless 1, XS Wireless 2, and more.
Sennheiser ME 2-II Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone Features
In the Box
- 1x ME 2-II Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone
- d 6,5 mm (ME 2-US)
- d 10,5 mm (ME 2-II)
- Frequency response (Microphone)
- 30.....20000 Hz (ME 2-US)
- 50…..18000 Hz (ME 2-II)
- Transducer principle (Microphone): Permanent polarized condenser
- Connection cable: mini-jack
- Cable length: 1.6 m
- Pick-up pattern: omni-directional
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): 20 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 36 dB
- Maximum sound pressure level (passive): 130 dB
- Operating voltage (stand alone): 7.5 V