The Nord Lead A1 analog modeling synthesizer - a stunning sounding synthesizer with a simplified yet hugely powerful front panel interface. Producing stand-out sounds for live or for the studio, the Lead A1 is ideal for all musical genres. Thanks to its carefully thought-out user interface, the Lead A1 encourages experimentation, allows for far speedier programming than would otherwise be possible, and ultimately delivers sensational sonic results.
At the heart of the Lead A1 is Nord's new analog modeling engine. Taking their virtual analog synthesis to the next level, this modeling recreates a total analog signal path with uncanny realism, and is capable of immense sonic variety. With 26-voice polyphony and four simultaneous synthesizer parts, the Lead A1 is a true synthesizer powerhouse that goes far beyond the current trend for limited capability analog reissues.
Fundamental to the design of the Lead A1 is a simple yet sophisticated front panel interface. The Lead A1 allows easy patch creation and experimentation thanks to a new and unique oscillator section, pre-programmed modulation matrix, and simplified ADR envelopes. Dive in and create incredible patches far quicker than would normally be possible with a synthesizer of such power.
The Lead A1's Oscillator section generates 47 different waveforms from classic analog to digital harmonic and inharmonic waves, whilst unique Oscillator Configuration Shortcuts make programming more immediate than ever. Start with a single Oscillator waveform select an Oscillator Configuration Shortcut - Pitch, Detune, Shape, Sync, Sub Mix, FM, AM or Noise - and use the Adjust knob to adjust the settings of the configuration. The end result is high speed programming without the need for the usual complexity of routing and patching, and with the opportunity for ready experimentation. A fast track to stunning sound design for both advanced and less experienced programmers.
The Lead A1's filter section features classic 12 and 24 dB Low Pass, a High Pass and a Band Pass filter, together with stunning emulations of the diode and ladder filters from the legendary Mini and the TB-303 synthesizers as used in the Lead 4. The Lead A1's modeling of these filters capture the true character and response of the originals, allowing supremely flexible and precise sound design. The filters are super-smooth with a warm analog character.
The Lead A1 features an LFO with a choice of waveforms and a three-stage ADR/ASR Modulation Envelope. The LFO rate can be sync'd to the Lead A1's master clock. The Mod Envelope has its own velocity setting and also includes an Invert function. Thanks to the intuitive design of the front panel it is very easy to see what modulations have been applied and to design incredible sounding patches.
The Lead A1's effects section features two stunning brand new analog models of an Ensemble and Chorus, modeled on specific vintage synths and adding classic warmth and analog feel. Alongside these, choose from great-sounding Ring Modulation, Phaser, Flanger, or Drive per slot, and in addition a separate Delay and Reverb for each slot.
A classic Nord feature, the Morph function via Mod Wheel, Velocity or pedal, allows you to control multiple parameters of the Lead A1 simultaneously. Morph is exceptionally easy to set-up and use - just hold the Morph button and adjust any desired knob.
Nord Lead A1 Features
- 4-part multi-timbral
- Master Clock Sumc of Arpeggiator, LFO and Delay
- Velocity and Mod Wheel Morph
- USB Midi
- 8 Oscillator configurations: Pitch, DeTune, Sub Mix, Shape, Sync, FM, AM, Noise
- Modulation LFO with 5 waveforms
- 12. 24 dB low-pass filters
- High-pass and Band-pass filters
- Effects for Ensemble, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulator, Drive
- Like button
- Mutator function
- Extra fat unison mode
- Multi Focus mode
- 4 outputs
- Sound Manager
- Lead A1 analog modeling synthesizer1
- Power cord1
- 26 voices, 4 part multitimbral
- 3 part effects section (FX, delay and reverb) for each part
- 49-key velocity sensitive keyboard (keyboard version only) with octave shift buttons, +/-2 octaves
- Keyboard Split with 2 slots for the upper and lower sections
- Modulation Wheel (keyboard version only)
- Pitch Stick with no dead zone at zero crossing (keyboard version only)
- Programmable Pitch bend range, up to +/- 4 octaves
- Separate up/down bend range: -12 or -24 semitones, + 2 semitones
- 1 pedal input for sustain
- 1 pedal input for expression pedal
- User Interface3 LED displays, 23 knobs, 3 encoders and 20+ buttons for program and performance editing
- Oscillator Section
- Oscillator models of multiple waveforms (traditional analog, extended analog, pulse waveforms, real-time algorithmical waveforms with additive-, FM- and formant- synthesis)
- OSC config knob 11 categories (Pitch, Shape, Osc Sync, Noise Mix, Osc 2 Detune, Sine Mix, Tri Mix, Saw Mix, Square Mix, Freq Modulation, Amp Modulation)
- Filter Section
- Multi-mode filter with 12 dB (2-pole) low pass, 24 dB (4-pole) lowpass and band pass, high pass, Ladder M and Ladder TB characteristics
- Cut off, Resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity
- ADR/ASR envelope
- Filter keyboard tracking can be set to off, 1/3, 2/3 or full
- Adjustable Filter Distortion
- Modulation Section
- LFO generates a triangle, square, sawtooth, inverted sawtooth or sample and hold waveforms. LFO can be routed to Filter Frequency and Osc mod. The LFO rate can be synchronized to the Master Clock.
- LFO can be switched to polyphonic Env mode with four different characteristics and sample and hold is manually triggered by keyboard (polyphonic S/H).
- Arpeggiator: Range: 1 - 4 octave. Modes: up, down, up/down and random. The Arpeggio rate can be synchronized to the Master Clock.
- ADR/ASR envelope, velocity control on/off, inverse envelope on/off.
- Amplifier Section
- ADR/ASR envelope, velocity control on/off, gain control
- Individual Pan-control per program
- Performance Section
- Voice modes: Poly, Legato with portamento, Mono, True Unison 1, 2 & 3
- Four program slots for layering possibilities and multitimbrality
- FX section with Flanger, Phaser, Ring Modulation, Chorus, Ensemble and Drive
- Delay section with tap tempo, four stages of feedback, stereo ping-pong, dry/wet mix. The Delay speed can be synchronized to the Master Clock.
- Reverb section with five algorithms (Room, Stage 1, Stage 2, Hall 1, Hall 2)
- Programs (single sounds): 8 x 50 (400) locations
- Performances (multi sounds): 4 x 50 (200) locations
- Audio Out
- 4 outputs. Each slot can be assigned to its own output
- Headphones output
- High resolution low noise 24 bit DACs
- MIDI Features
- All control knobs and switches send and receive control change messages
- System exclusive bulk dumps. One program or all programs
- Master Clock will sync to incoming MIDI clock
- Soft Thru
- 4 Line Level Audio Outputs - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack
- Control Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 or Korg XVP10
- USB connector with MIDI capabilities
- MIDI In & Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- Dimensions31.5" x 3.6" x 10.2"
- Weight10.7 pounds