Achieve professional-level connectivity and high-quality video capture with the U-TAP 3G-SDI USB 3.0 from AJA. Operating on bus power, this capture card allows you to effortlessly capture video across 3G-SDI. It is directly supported in macOS X®, Windows®, and Linux®, making it ideal for use within a wide range of software—all without the need to install additional drivers.
Portable and affordable, the U-TAP SDI offers a plug-and-play video capture solution that is compatible with major operating systems and a wide array of creative applications ranging from video conferences, live streams, social media needs, video game applications, and much more. Smaller than a smartphone, its compact design is ideal for taking it wherever you need to go.
Enjoy pristine video capture without distractions with the U-TAP SDI. This capture card is designed without fans or moving parts for minimized handling noise during recording or live broadcast. It supports frame rates of up to 1080p 60, allowing you to record HD High Frame Rate (HFR) projects with confidence. Its automatic video scaling and aspect ratio conformity features let you tailor your video capture to the application’s specific needs.
The U-TAP SDI’s USB connectivity lets you quickly connect SDI sources for capture so you don’t need to worry about finding a power source. Additionally, an SDI looping output makes it easy to loop through the source SDI signal to monitors, switchers, and other equipment.
The U-TAP SDI’s powerful functionality doesn’t rely on third-party driver software, so there’s no external driver installation required. This means you can seamlessly integrate it with myriad professional software applications, combining native software with AJA’s hardware.
Compact, powerful, and designed for durability, the U-TAP SDI comes with AJA’s world-renowned support and is covered by a three-year warranty. Just contact AJA Support for any questions, concerns, or application tips to enhance your installation, configuration, and operation needs, or to get assistance with any technical issues.
AJA U-TAP SDI Features
- Compact and Portable
- 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/424 Looping Input
- USB 3.0 connection to desktop or laptop
- Bus Powered through USB 3.0 interface
- Embedded Stereo Audio support
- Supported by OS on macOS, Windows and Linux
- U-TAP SDI Simple USB 3.0 Powered 3G-SDI Capture1
- Three Year Warranty1
- Video Formats
- Video (SDI)
- (HD) 1920 x 1080p 50, 59.94, 60 (Level A or B-DL)
- (HD) 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- (HD) 1920 x 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1280 x 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- (SD) 625i 50
- (SD) 525i 59.94
- YCbCr, 4:2:2, 10-bit
- Scaled (USB), Frame rates for all formats: 7.5, 15, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- 1920 x 1080p
- 1440 x 1080p
- 1280 x 720p
- 1024 x 576p
- 960 x 540p
- 856 x 480p
- 800 x 600p
- 768 x 576p
- 720 x 576p
- 720 x 480p
- 640 x 480p
- 640 x 360p
- 432 x 240p
- 352 x 288p
- 320 x 240p
- 176 x 144p
- 1. PsF formats are not supported.
- 2. Host system specifications/performance will govern what video formats are possible.
- Video (SDI)
- Video Input Digital 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/424, YCbCr 4:2:2 (1x BNC)
- Video Loop Output 1x 3G-SDI (1x BNC)
- Audio Input Digital 2-channel, 24-bit SDI embedded audio, 48 kHz sample rate
- Capture Video 16-bits/pixel, YUV (input video will be truncated as required)
- Capture Audio 2-channel, 16-bit, 48 kHz sample rate (input audio will be truncated as required)
- Host Interface USB 3.0/USB 2.0 UVC/UAC compliant
- Dimensions (W x D x H)4.1 x 2.4 x 1 inches (104.14 x 60.96 x 25.4 mm)
- Weight0.3 lb (0.2 kg)
- Power5V USB bus powered; 4W max
- Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C (32 to 104 F)
- Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 C (-40 to 140 F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
- Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)