The QSC AC-S6T surface mount speaker is part of the AcousticCoverage™ Series. The 6.5” two-way ceiling-mounted loudspeaker has a 70/100V transformer and is well-suited for audio/video conferencing reinforcement, voice paging, and background music applications.
Crystal clear sound through the critical vocal range increases spoken word intelligibility. This clarity is possible from a high-quality 6.5” polypropylene cone transducer with a butyl rubber surround. A 1” aluminum dome tweeter also helps ensure pristine sound, especially in the critical vocal range.
Get even coverage in close proximity with fewer loudspeakers than other models require; the AC-S6T offers 130 degrees of conical coverage.
The UV treated high impact ABS enclosure and ported baffle assembly was optimally tuned for added musicality, which creates low frequency extension down to 60 Hz. A variable tap 30-watt low saturation and low loss 70/100V transformer on the AC-S6T is used to maintain that lowered frequency response. In addition to the variable tap transformer, an 8-ohm bypass setting is also present.
Advanced voicing filter sets using the Q-Sys™ platform further enhance performance and installation speed for an optimal result.
Various hardware is included to streamline the installation process, especially important since most common applications use multiple speakers.
Beyond the features described above, the AC-S6T speaker belongs to the AcousticCoverage™ Series. This series was designed to provide integrators with a cost-effective solution for applications where vocal reinforced coverage is the main concern. The AcousticCoverage™ Series goes above and beyond, not simply providing quality voice coverage, but also providing musicality not typically seen in BGM-class products.
QSC AC-S6T Features
- Priced individually, sold in quantities of 2
- High quality transducers provide exceptional clarity through the critical voice range
- Improved musicality often not seen in typical BGM class products
- Ported baffle for increased low frequency extension down to 70 Hz
- Low saturation 70/100V transformers with 8 ohm bypass
- 4-pole Euroblock connector eases system wiring
- Advanced voicing via QSC Intrinsic Correction™, applied using Q-SYS™ Platform or CXD Series amplifier platforms
- Available in black (RAL 9011) or white (RAL 9010)
- AC-S6T Surface Mount Speakers2
- Yoke mount system1
- Euroblock connector1
- Effective frequency range60 Hz–20 kHz
- Rated noise power / voltage30 watts / 15.5 volts rms
- Broad-band sensitivity86 dB SPL
- Coverage angle (-6 dB)130° conical (500 Hz–5 kHz)
- Directivity factor (Q)6
- Directivity Index8 dB
- Maximum continuous SPL101 dB
- Maximum peak SPL107 dB
- Rated impedance8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power60 watts into 8 ohms
- Transformer taps 70V
- 30, 15, 7.5, 3.7, 1.9 watts
- 100V: 30, 15, 7.5, 3.8 watts
- 8 ohm bypass
- LF transducer165 mm (6.5-inch) Polypropylene woofer with 25 mm (1-inch) voice coil
- HF transducer25 mm (1-inch) Aluminium dome tweeter with 25 mm (1-inch) voice coil
- Input connector typeEuroblock connector with parallel output
- Enclosure materialUV treated, high impact ABS polymer
- Grille materialPowder coated steel
- Yoke materialPowder coated steel with brass inserts
- Enclosure Details
- Ingress protection: IP-44
- Operating environment: Designed for indoor use
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 to 50° C (-4 to 122° F)
- Product Dimensions (H x W x D)11.9 x 8.5 x 7.8 inches (303 × 215 × 197 mm)
- Net Weight8.3 lbs (3.8 kg)
- Shipping weight18.6 lbs (8.4 kg), pair packed
- Shipping Dimensions (H x W x D) 14.1 × 10.5 × 18.5 inches (359 x 267 x 470 mm), pair packed