The PGA81 Cardioid Condenser Microphone from Shure is ideal for use in sensitive acoustic instrumental performances and recording applications. Its industrial design boasts a black metallic finish and grille, allowing it to visually blend into any environment, from stage to studio. Its flat-response cartridge is precision-engineered for clear reproductions of your sound source, while its cardioid polar pattern efficiently “aims” at the desired sound source while minimizing pickup of unwanted noise from the back and sides.
The PGA81 comes with a stand adapter that allows you to mount it to a microphone stand. Also included in the box is a zippered pouch for safe transport and secure storage. PGA81-XLR includes XLR to XLR cable. PGA81-LC does not include cable.
More about Shure’s PG Alta Series
The PG ALTA™ (PGA) series of microphones from Shure offers an affordable solution for entry-level or budget-conscious users who need professional-caliber performance. Whether you’re capturing audio live or in a studio, PGA mics are ideal for capturing reliable, accurate audio from nearly any sound source, including vocals, acoustic instruments, drums, and amplified electronic instruments. Designed and constructed with the utmost care, PGA mics are made to last and are built according to the stringent quality and testing standards of all Shure products.
Shure PGA81 Features
- Flat-response microphone cartridge design for clear reproduction of acoustic instrument sound sources
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up audio from the source while rejecting unwanted noise
- Updated industrial design with black metallic finish and grille for unobtrusive visual presence
- Ideal for acoustic guitar, drum overheads, percussion, aplifiers, strings, and horns
- PGA81 cardioid condenser microphone1
- Stand adapter1
- Zipper pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance600 Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage)-48.5 dBV/Pa (3.8 mV)
- Connector3-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements48 VDC phantom power (2.0mA)
- Weight6.6 oz