The TF5 is the largest of the TF series digital mixing consoles yet remains decently portable. Ideal for larger applications with 33 motor faders, 48 input mixing channels, and a full suite of inputs and outputs.
Signature to TF Series performance is TouchFlow Operation™. This tool brings live sound reinforcement to a new level, letting you respond to the music and artists on stage quickly and freely. TouchFlow Operation interface was optimized for touch panel control and is easy for beginners and seasoned pros to navigate for finding the ideal mix. Even the most discerning ears will be satisfied with sound quality thanks to recallable D-PRE preamplifiers. Instantly recall favorable settings with scene memory storage of up to 200 scenes. Work from pre-programmed scenes or create scenes of your own. Scenes are divided into A and B banks, making it easier to sort and organize scenes by type.
Compressor and EQ performance are central to mixing and the TF5 makes these tools seamless and easy to implement. The 1-knob COMP from Yamaha’s analog mixers is refined in this digital console, offering all the functions of compression without needing to juggle multiple parameters. The same concept was applied to a 1-knob EQ feature for fast and smooth operation, complete with Vocal Mode and Intensity Mode.
COMP and 1-knob EQ are provided on the output channels as well. QuickPro Presets™ were developed for a wide variety of microphones and output equipment from several major manufacturers. These practical presets let you get incredibly close to the ideal sound – helpful for novice engineers to learn the console, or for experienced engineers to save time. All presets were precisely tuned by using actual microphones, instruments, and speakers.
Eight powerful processing/effect units are featured on the TF5. The TF5 uses the standard type of SPX processors and offers 19 programs ranging from reverb and delay to modulation effects.
Three dedicated apps pair with the TF5 to extend the console on any device. Add the TF Editor, TF StageMix, or MonitorMix (sold separately).
Yamaha TF5 Features
- 33 motor faders (32 channels + 1 master)
- 8 DCA groups with Roll-out
- 32 analog XLR/TRS combo mic/line inputs + 2 analog RCA pin stereo line inputs
- 16 analog XLR outputs
- 34 x 34 digital record/playback channels via USB 2.0 + 2 x 2 via a USB storage device
- 1 expansion slot for NY64-D audio interface card
- Touch operation for intimate control
- 1-knob COMP™ and 1-knob EQ™
- GainFinder™ supports precision gain setup
- QuickPro Presets™ provide instant access to pro sound setups
- Two scene memory banks
- Compatible with many apps including dedicated apps TF Editor, TF StageMix and MonitorMix
- Natural sound foundation with extra creative freedom
- Recallable D-PRE™ mic preamps
- 8 powerful processing/effect units
- TF5 32-channel digital mixing console1
- Power cord1
- Download information for CUBASE AI1
- Steinberg's Nuendo Live software1
- Mixing capacity
- Input channels: 48 (40 mono + 2 stereo + 2 return)
- Aux buses: 20 (8 mono + 6 stereo)
- Stereo buses: 1
- Sub buses: 1
- Fader configuration32 + 1 (Master)
- Input channel functions8 DCA groups
- Inputs: 32 mic/line (XLR/TRS combo) + 2 stereo line (RCA pin)
- Outputs: 16 (XLR)
- Expansion slots: 1
- On-board DSP8 Effects + 10 GEQ
- USB34x34 USB Audio Interface, 2-track recording via USB Storage Device
- Internal sampling frequency rate48kHZ
- Signal delayless than 2.6 ms, INPUT to OMNI OUT, Fs=48 kHz
- Fader100 mm motorized, Resolution = 10-bit, +10 dB to –138 dB, –∞ dB all faders
- THDless than 0.05%
- Frequency response20Hz - 20kHz (+0.5dB, -1.5dB)
- Dynamic range110dB typical
- Equivalent input noise-128dBu typical
- Residual output noise-85dBu
- Power requirements100-240V 50/60Hz
- Power consumption120W
- Dimensions (WxHxD)34.1" x 8.9" x 23.6"
- Weight44.1 pounds (20 kg)