Enjoy audio quality just as good as your video quality with the Zoom H5 Handy Recorder. Interchangeable mic capsules and four simultaneous recording tracks equip the H5 to handle the evolving needs of content creation.
High-quality, low-noise preamps – the same as the H6 Handy Recorder – make sure you can get great sound in any environment.
SPL handling up to 140 dB lets you record in loud environments without problems: this is the same dB rating as a jet about 200 feet away. Compression and limiting on the H5 keep levels under control particularly as they approach that 140 dB threshold.
Unwanted sounds from vibrations and handling are minimized with the H5’s rubberized housing. Microphones are shock-mounted, and a low-cut filter limits noise from wind and low frequencies.
Recording sessions won’t get cut short due to power loss: the H5 can record for up to 10 hours with 2 AA batteries. The Handy Recorder records up to six monophonic WAV files (or up to three stereo files) in different formats.
XLR/TRS combo inputs can be used for devices with mic or line level signals, such as microphones, wireless receivers, mixers, and keyboards. An additional mic/line input is accessible on the XYH-5 capsule. Send audio to the input of a camera or other device from the Line Out – no attenuator cable is needed. An output for headphone monitoring is also on the H5.
Capture more of the moments you can’t see coming. Pre-record starts recording 2 seconds before you press record, and auto-record captures any audio within designated audio levels. Backup-record is another protective feature, automatically recording a duplicate set of L/R tracks with 12 dB less input gain.
The H5 Handy Recorder is compatible with six Zoom capsules. If your shoot calls for a different style recording than the XYH-5 X/Y mic capsule (included), try a combo, shotgun, or other capsule format.
Zoom H5 Features
- Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) capable of handling 140 dB SPL
- Shock-mounted mics for reduced handling noise
- Compatible with all Zoom input capsules
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20 dB pad
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Auto-record, Pre-record, and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with Loop Back function
- Powered by two AA batteries or via USB
- Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
- H5 handy recorder1
- XYH-5 X/Y mic capsule1
- AA batteries2
- USB cable1
- Foam windscreen1
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download1
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download1
- Recording media16MB to 2GB (SD card), 4GB to 32GB (SDHC card)
- Displaybacklit LCD (128x64 pixels)
- Inputs L/R [XYH-5X/Y MIC] typeunidirectional
- Phone out connector1/8" stereo mini jack
- Built-in speaker400mW 8Ω mono
- Stereo mode recording formats
- Type: WAV (BWF-compliant)
- Sampling frequency: 44.1/48/96 kHz
- Bit rate: 16/24 (Stereo)
- Max simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Type: MP3
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz
- Bit rate: 48/56/64/80/96/112/32/160/192/224/256/320kbps
- Multitrack mode recording formats
- Type: WAV (BWF-compliant)
- Sampling frequency: 44.1/48 kHz
- Bit rate: 16/24 (Mono/Stereo)
- Max simultaneous recording tracks: 6 (L/R + INPUT 1/2 + L/R backup)
- Mass storage class operationUSB 2.0 High Speed
- Audio interface operation classUSB 2.0 High Speed (Multitrack mode), USB 2.0 Full Speed (Stereo mode)
- Power requirements2 AA batteries OR AC adapter AD-17 OR USB bus power
- Compatible Capsules
- XYH-5 X/Y Mic Capsule (included)
- SGH-6 Shotgun Mic Capsule
- SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun Mic Capsule
- EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS Combo Capsule
- XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
- MSH-6 Mid-Side Mic Capsule