Blackmagic Design HDMI to SDI converter converts HDMI devices to SDI video in SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats. Independent audio connections allow SDI audio to be embedded from HDMI, AES/EBU, or balanced analog audio inputs. Connections are multi-rate and automatically detect and switch formats as needed. Compact and rugged construction keep the converter operating safely and easily whether on equipment racks in the studio, on news trucks, or even used outdoors for live sports and other events.
Feed is stable and protected with redundant SDI input and auto switching SD and HD. Auto switching function instantly switches between standard definition and high definition video formats when the video input changes. Connect a redundant cable to the second SDI input for automatic switchover if the main input is lost for any reason. Redundancy feature is especially helpful in outdoor uses and crowded locations. A loop through SDI output allows you to connect to other devices and is helpful when more than two audio channels are needed.
Standard 1/4 inch jack connectors are used for all audio connections, so standard cables can be used. These 1/4 inch jack connections are switchable for embedded professional balanced analog audio or AES/EBU digital audio. Both features of the 1/4 inch jack connections eliminate extra equipment of custom cables and a separate converter for analog and digital audio.
Long cable lengths can be run without losing video quality due to low SDI jitter and full SDI re-clocking. 10-bit video processing and low noise level when moving from between analog and digital also makes the converter ideal for broadcast, postproduction, and professional AV. User friendly design provides easy cable access, and quick setting changes from built-in mini switches. 3G-SDI technology that comes with the converter can be updated as video formats change by loading the upgrade via the converter’s built-in USB connection.
Unique to the 6G models are HDMI instant lock and 33 point 3D LUT support capabilities. HDMI instant lock continuously sends an active HDMI signal to the display, eliminating the time HDMI TVs and projectors take to lock onto a signal when a new source is detected. Color accuracy and tailoring is improved with 33 point 3D LUT support. Apply custom looks, color and gamma changes in real time, operate the converter as a 3D LUT processor, and work with DaVinci Resolve.
Blackmagic Design Mini Converter Features
- Multi-rate connections fully compatible with all SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p30
- Automatically detects the input signal and switch formats as needed
- 1/4 inch audio jacks so custom cables aren’t needed
- Redundant SDI input so a second SDI cable can be run as a back up
- High quality 10-bit video processing and low jitter SDI
- Full SDI re-clocking
- Easily accessed cables and controls
- HDMI instant lock continuously sends an active HDMI signal to the display
- 33 point 3D LUT support
- Included Converter Utility software can control settings and update software
- Mini Converter HDMI to SDI 6G1
- 12V universal power supply with international socket adapters1
- Three Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- SDI Video Outputs: 2 x SDI Video Outputs. Automatically matches the SD, HD and 6G‑SDI HDMI video input.
- HDMI Video Inputs: HDMI type A in
- Analog Audio Inputs: 2 channels of professional balanced analog audio with standard 1/4 inch jack connections.
- Digital Audio Inputs: 4 channels of AES/EBU digital audio.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD, HD or 6G‑SDI.
- Updates and Configuration: USB
- Reclocking: Yes
- SD Video Standards: 625i25 PAL, 525i29.97 NTSC
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30
- 4K Video Standards: 4K DCI 23.98p, 4K DCI 24p, 4K DCI 25p
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 425M, SMPTE ST‑2081, ITU‑R BT.656 and ITU‑R BT.601
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video inputs are automatically detected between standard definition, high definition, 3G‑SDI and 6G-SDI. HDMI to SDI 6G supports level B only on 3G-SDI output.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically detects SD, HD or 6G‑SDI.
- HDMI Video Standards: 625i25 PAL, 525i29.97 NTSC, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30
- HDMI Color Space: YUV and RGB
- HDMI Color Precision: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Format ConversionHD down conversion
- Software Control: Mac OS and Windows software upgrade via USB.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Settings ControlMini Switches or USB software
- Power Requirements Power Supply
- +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 4.44 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 ‑ 18V DC
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (‑4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non‑condensing