TASCAM’s TM-80 is a condenser microphone designed and priced for home recording. The condenser mic features an 18mm aluminum diaphragm with a cardioid pickup pattern that sounds great on anything from vocals to acoustic instruments. Internal circuitry is optimized to reduce noise and distortion while retaining rich, full sound quality.
A cardioid condenser mic is the perfect all-around mic for vocal and instrument recording, and the unidirectional pickup pattern keeps the recording from sounding too ambient. The TM-80 has an 18mm aluminum diaphragm and a wide frequency response. With a maximum sound pressure rating of 136dB SPL, you can safely use the TM-80 with guitar amps, drums and other loud instruments.
Included are essential microphone accessories - a shock-absorbing suspension to reduce bass rumble, 6-foot mic cable and table-top mic stand - allowing you to set up at your desktop and record right away.
TASCAM TM-80 Features
- 18mm aluminum diaphragm
- Low noise and distortion
- Rich, full sound quality
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Ideal for vocals to acoustic instruments
- TM-80 studio condenser microphone1
- Mini desk stand1
- Mic cable (6 ft. XLRM-XLRF)1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms +/-30% (at 1kHz)
- Sensitivity-38dB +/-2dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Self Noise17 dBA
- Max. SPL136dB (at 1kHz=1% THD)
- S/N Ratio77 dB
- Housingdie cast zinc
- Dimensions1.9" diameter x 6.5" length
- Weight10.6 oz