The HS7 from Yamaha is a 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with a 6.5” cone woofer and 1” dome tweeter. Its high-performance operation totals 95W of power amplification (60W LF, 35W HF) and has a frequency response from 43Hz – 30kHz. Connect to various balanced or unbalanced signals using the XLR and TRS phone jack inputs.
More about the HS Series
Yamaha’s HS speakers were carefully constructed to deliver accurate reference without coloring or attenuation, giving you an ideal sonic platform to build on throughout the mixing process.
Transducers used in the HS series accomplish smooth response throughout a wide range of bandwidth. An advanced magnetic field design in the transducers regulates the flow of magnetic response, providing seamless and natural sonic transitions.
The tweeter used in the HS series considerably extends the usable frequency range and delivers excellent high-resolution sound. A thick wave guide minimizes vibration, helping the tweeter to provide smooth and distortion-free high end at frequencies up to 30kHz.
The woofers used in the HS series feature large magnets that produce low distortion sound with a clearly-defined bottom end at any output level. Components within the woofers contribute to stunning bass and clear, accurate mid-frequency sound.
Each HS series speaker has an amplifier unit perfectly matched to the transducer. With a bi-amp design, the amp unit can dedicate resources separately to the woofer and the tweeter, ensuring consistent high-resolution sound with a flat response across the sound spectrum.
The exterior design of the HS cabinets also benefits its overall sound presence. Using the dense and resilient MDF material with a damped acoustic response, and a special joint technique, HS speakers eliminate unwanted resonance and make sound reproduction even more accurate.
Noise reduction technology present in speaker port design limits air vibrations. This design reduced audible noise up to 6dB, making HS series monitors excellent for the strictest professional production environments.
Each HS can adapt to the room it’s in with response controls and settings to adapt to surface acoustics for rooms of different shapes and sizes. Room Control accommodates for unnatural and over-pronounced low end like when speakers are placed close to walls, while High Trim gives more flexible control of high-frequency response.
Yamaha HS7 Features
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 6.5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 60W LF plus 35W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 95W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- High performance amp unit perfectly matched to transducers
- Low resonance enclosure design
- Cutting edge noise reduction technology
- HS7 powered studio monitor1
- Power cord1
- Typebi-amp 2-way powered speaker
- Crossover frequency2kHz
- Frequency range43Hz - 30kHz (-10dB)
- Overall frequency response55Hz - 24kHz (-3dB), 43Hz - 30kHz (-10dB)
- LF speaker component6.5" cone
- HF speaker component1" dome
- Enclosurebass-reflex type, MDF material
- Output power95W (dynamic power)
- Power consumption55W
- Input sensitivity/impedance10dBu/10k ohms
- Input connectorsXLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- LEVEL control (+4 dB, center click)
- EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/-2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)8.25" x 13.1" x 11.2"
- Weight18.1 pounds (8.2 kg)