The ClearSonic IPC IsoPac C Isolation Drum Booth Package creates a more ideal acoustic space wherever you are, so you can spend less time worrying about acoustics and more time getting great sounding mixes. ClearSonic isolation booths are the perfect solution to cut down on microphone bleed and environmental noise to achieve quieter volume levels and better mixes for home and studio recording, House of Worship services, and live music venue performances. In addition to drums, they work great for guitar, horn, voice, or any sound source.
The IsoPac C is a great entry-level IsoPac for those working on a budget that can later be expanded into a complete IsoPac A or B. While the absence of a LidPac on top means more sound will escape, this isolation booth can work well in a room with low ceilings and some acoustic treatment. This enclosure surrounds your drum kit or other sound source with a drum shield and acoustic treatment. The drum shield acts as a sound barrier reflecting sound back into the booth where it can be absorbed by the S2224 and S2466x2 Sorber sound absorption baffles. Getting in/out is easy – the entry point is on the left or right side where the rear S2466x2 Sorber baffles butt up against the front A2466x5 drum shield, allowing either end panel of the S2466x2 Sorber baffles to act as a door.
All ClearSonic isolation booths are modular, portable, and feature full-length, flexible, yet robust plastic hinges that utilize our ‘tooth in groove’ mechanical lock to securely snap into place for a firm connection between panels, sound absorbing Sorber baffles, and the highest quality ¼” thick acrylic material to provide a booth that is functional, stable, and aesthetically pleasing.
ClearSonic IPC IsoPac C Features
- Modular and expandable if more room is ever needed
- Great for studio, stage, and House of worship
- Best solution as a starter isolation booth package to upgrade over time
- No LidPac can allow the drummer to feel less isolated from other musicians but will allow more sound to escape into the room
- Cuts down on mic bleed and gives soundperson greater control over the mix
- The front A2466x5 acrylic drum shield, rear S2466x2 free-standing Sorber baffles, and inner S2224 Sorber baffles offer great sound isolation and absorption
- 84 square feet of sound absorbing Sorber baffles provide adequate volume reduction
- Cable cutouts allow for easy cable routing to your gear
- A2466x5 - CSP1
- S2466x2 - SORBER baffles3
- S2224 - SORBER baffles5
- Acrylic Drum Shield Features
- Routered edges – provide clean and smooth edge that won’t cut your hands.
- ¼” thick acrylic material – provides durability for transporting panels. Creates acoustic separation between instruments on stage or in the studio to cut down on mic bleeding and allows everyone to hear themselves and the mix better. Adds stability that allows for modular set up to support acrylic height extenders and Sorber baffles on top, such as a LidPac, and attachment of Sorber panels, such as the S2224, directly to the acrylic panels with adhesive-backed Velcro.
- Cable cut-outs – allows space where each panel meets at the bottom for routing/organizing cables for microphones or any wired gear. Also allows less sound to escape compared to mouse hole cutouts.
- Hinge Features
- Full-length – our hinges run the full length of each acrylic panel. This extra coverage provides superior sound isolation compared to competitors whose hinges leave exposed seams between panels for sound to escape.
- Tooth in groove mechanical lock – the hinge tooth locks into the groove cut into each acrylic panel for superior connection and longer life, especially compared to Friction hinge.
- Low profile – allows for better aesthetics as hinge blends into the shield better.
- Flexibility – hinge bends 180 degrees in one direction and 90 degrees in the other allowing for accordion style folding. This makes it easier to ship, store, and transport, and allows for a more customized shield footprint.
- Sorber Features
- Proprietary 1.6” thick rigid fiberglass core - provides superior sound absorption compared to acoustic foam and other fiberglass baffles. Allows panels to free stand (S2466x2) or lay on top of an acrylic shield (LidPacs).
- Velcro-receptive acoustic fabric jacket – provides another layer of sound absorption and allows Sorber baffles to attach to acrylic material or other Sorber baffles with Velcro.
- Sewn seams – fabric jacket fully covers inner fiberglass. No glue is used and there is no exposed fiberglass.
- DimensionsVariable footprint of about 6’ W x 7’ D x 5.5’ H