Like the larger MSP7 STUDIO, the MSP5 STUDIO is a two-way bi-amplified bassreflex system that delivers outstanding monitoring precision for digital or analog production in stereo or surround formats.
The more compact dimensions of the MSP5 STUDIO make it an ideal choice for smaller project studios and DAW based production systems. The MSP5 STUDIO features a 5 inch cone woofer driven by a 40-watt amplifier and a 1 inch dome tweeter driven by a 27-watt amplifier. Other than woofer size, enclosure size, and amplifier power, the MSP5 STUDIO takes advantage of the same advanced materials and design technology that are behind the extraordinary performance of the MSP7 STUDIO.
The woofer and titanium-dome tweeter feature advanced magnetic structures that achieve exceptionally low distortion, and the tweeter works with a unique waveguide horn that achieves broad, uniform high frequency dispersion over 120 degrees for optimum balance regardless of listening position. Advanced driver and enclosure design - including the low-diffraction rounded baffle - also ensure smooth, uniform dispersion across the system's full reproduction range. Flat frequency response out to 40 kHz makes the MSP5 STUDIO great for mastering, where high sample and bit rates are the norm.
Yamaha MSP5 Features
- 2-way bas-reflex bi-amplified near field studio monitor
- 5" cone woofer and 1" titanium dome high-frequency unit delivers 50Hz- 40kHz frequency response.
- 67 watts (LF 40W + HF 27W) dynamic bi-amplified power
- XLR balanced input and 1/4" unbalanced input
- Advanced magnetic structure design
- One-piece molded enclosure with rounded baffle
- 31 positions level control facilitates precise overall system level matching
- TRIM control(High/Low)
- Full magnetic shielding
- MSP5 Powered Studio Monitor1
- Owner’s manual1
- AC power cord1
- Speaker typeBiamp, 2-way powered speaker
- Frequency range (-10dB)50Hz-40kHz
- LF: 5" cone
- HF: 1.0" titanium dome
- Output powerLF: 40W, HF: 27W
- Maximum output level (1m; on axis)101dB
- I/O connectorsXLR-3-31 type, Phone
- ProcessorsHigh trim (15kHz; +1.5/0/-1.5dB), Low trim (60Hz; +1.5/0/-1.5/-3dB)
- Power consumption60W
- Magnetic shieldingYes
- Flying and mounting hardware2x M8
- Dimensions (WxHxD)7x11x8-1/4" (179x279x208mm)
- Net Weight17.4 lbs (7.9kg)