The e965 from Sennheiser is a large-diaphragm, handheld vocal microphone that combines the sensitivity of a studio condenser with the ruggedness required on stage. This member of Sennheiser’s Evolution microphone series is designed for audio professionals, with heavy-duty components that deliver durability and pristine sound quality.
The e965’s 1” dual-diaphragm capsule allows you to switch between gentle cardioid and a more directional supercardioid polar pattern, so you can focus the mic on your sound source. In particular, the supercardioid option effectively reduces acoustic feedback on stage. A switchable -10 dB pad accommodates powerful singers by enabling the mic to handle up to 152 dB SPL while capturing frequencies between 40 Hz and 20 kHz.
A high-pass filter eliminates rumble, while a low-cut switch minimizes ambient noise and wind noise. The e965 capsule integrates a shock-mount that rejects handling noise, for superbly clear capture of your vocals. The upshot is that the e965 gives you the features you need to accurately capture all the sound you want, and none of the noise you don’t.
The e965 mic requires phantom power to operate. Built for professional live events, it boasts solid construction and enjoys excellent moisture protection. Also included with the e965 is a mic clip for easy mounting and positioning, as well as a carrying pouch for safe storage. On top of that, this mic is covered by a 10-year warranty for additional confidence.
More about Sennheiser’s Evolution microphones series
Sennheiser’s Evolution microphones are defined by impressive sound, precision focus, and extreme ruggedness. Built on the legacy of renowned German engineering, Evolution is the culmination of Sennheiser’s expert engineers, countless tests, and meticulous manufacturing standards—all with the goal of producing quality gear that provides perfect live sound.
The Evolution wired 900 series is designed as a harmonically calibrated family that delivers both high-quality audio and rugged reliability. This uncompromising stage equipment is made with audio professionals in mind.
Sennheiser e965 Features
- Switchable pick-up pattern (cardioid/super-cardioid)
- Low-cut switch, which reduces ambient noise, rumble , and wind noise
- Switchable pre-attenuation (-10 dB) accommodates singers with powerful voices
- Capsule shock-mount efficiently rejects handling noise for superbly clear sound
- Excellent protection against moisture
- Astounding frequency response of 40-20,000 Hz
- e965 Handheld Condenser Microphone1
- MZQ 800 Microphone Clamp1
- User Manual1
- Ten Year Warranty1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Supercardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 ohms
- Phantom powering48 V/ 3,5 mA
- Equivalent noise level21 dB (A)
- Maximum SPL (passive)142 dB (152 dB) (with preattenuation)
- Microphone connectorXLR-3
- Membrane: Ø 25.4 mm/1"
- Micro: Ø 48 mm
- Overall depth199 mm
- Weight396 g