The URSA Broadcast camera brings flexibility to any shoot, capable of operating as a field camera for ENG and programming work, and as a professional studio camera. URSA Broadcast is an excellent choice for breaking news, web broadcasts, talk shows, sporting events, and live concerts.
Recordings are done onto standard SD cards, UHS-II cards, CFast cards, and 1080i or 2160p video into standard .mov files. These recordings are made in DNx145, DNx220x, or ProRes formats. URSA Broadcast can capture full resolution Ultra HD up to 60 frames per second.
4K image sensor and extended video mode improve dynamic range and color fidelity, for amazing texture and detail, accurate skin tones, vibrant color, and high dynamic range video – all without postproduction.
Quickly reduce light entering the camera with the high quality ND filters. Filters match the image sensor and color science in the camera, so your shots get additional latitude and better colorimetry even in harsh lighting conditions. Optical and IR wavelengths are evenly filtered, avoiding IR contamination.
High visibility LCD status display shows various timecodes, current shooting frame rate, shutter angle, aperture, white balance, gain, iris, battery level, card recording status, and audio meters. Use the 4” foldout touchscreen for monitoring or controlling the camera from a software interface.
Control layout is similar to traditional broadcast cameras for quick, easy operation by feel. Power and all controls are fully redundant, so you can keep working even if anything goes wrong. Durable lightweight magnesium alloy body is comfortable to hold.
Audio matches the professionalism of the shot with built-in professional microphone and audio recorder. There are two microphone inputs to add more microphones as needed.
Features such as remote control, color correction, talkback, tally, and more, make the URSA Broadcast work well as a studio camera for live switched production. Transform the camera from studio camera use to normal shooting mode easily.
Accessorize the URSA Broadcast to get your perfect shot. B4 lens mount is included to work with your existing HD or Ultra HD lenses, or use EF, F, and PL lens mounts (all sold separately) for photographic lenses. URSA viewfinders and SMPTE fiber converters are available to build a complete broadcast camera chain.
Blackmagic Design URSA Broadcast Features
- Flexible professional broadcast camera
- Works with standard CFast and SD card media
- Multi rate 12G-SDI connections
- HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60
- Accurate skin tones, vibrant color, high dynamic range video
- Dramatic slow motion
- Built-in optical ND filters
- Status display
- Familiar broadcast layout
- Built-in broadcast quality audio
- Transform URA Broadcast into studio camera
- B4 lens mount
- Advanced Blackmagic OS
- Localized for 11 popular languages
- Compatible with various battery options
- Add URSA broadcast and Blackmagic accessories for different styles
- URSA Broadcast body1
- Turret dust cap1
- B4 lens mount1
- 12V Power supply1
- SD card with software and manual1
- One Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- Effective Sensor Size2/3 inch sensor size when using 4K B4 mount (Actual sensor size 13.056mm x 7.344mm)
- Lens MountB4 2/3 inch
- Lens ControlElectronic control via 12-pin broadcast connector. Control possible via EF mount pins when using optional URSA Mini Pro EF Mount.
- Lens CorrectionIn-camera correction of color fringing when using compatible B4 lenses
- Dynamic Range12 Stops
- Shooting Resolutions3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates
- Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported
- Off-speed frame rates up to 60p
- Built in ND Filters Four position ND filter wheel with clear, 2-stop, 4-stop and 6-stop ND filters
- FocusFocus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses with focus servo. Touch and hold on LCD determines focus region and triggers auto focus
- Iris ControlIris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video and extended video mode
- Screen Dimensions4 inch
- Screen TypeLCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata SupportAutomatically populated lens data from electronic B4 lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes
- ControlsTouchscreen menus on 4 inch screen. Push buttons for other controls. 3 assignable shortcut keys on camera and 2 assignable shortcut keys (VTR and RET) on compatible B4 lenses
- Timecode ClockHighly accurate timecode clock. Less than 1 frame drift every 8 hours