NEXO’s expertise in DSP control for high-performance loudspeakers is unparalleled in the sound reinforcement industry. And Yamaha has an unrivalled heritage in developing highly efficient and reliable power amplification devices. So when the two collaborate to create a new range of powered controllers, the result is sure to be something special.
Rated at 4 X 1300 Watts, the NXAMP4X1MK2 combines advanced signal processing with four state-of-the-art Class D amplifiers to create a flexible, light-weight powering and control solution for NEXO loudspeaker systems.
Ideal for use in fixed installations and touring, these powered controllers are easy to set up and quick to deploy, with all essential parameters readily accessible via a large colour touch-screen on the front panel and a comprehensive range of control and networking facilities on the rear panel.
Most importantly, the new NXAMPMK2 achieves a whole new level of sound quality, partnering with NEXO speakers to deliver a whole new level of audience experience.
The NEXO NXAMPMK2 ultra-low distortion Class D amplifiers combine 32-bit/96KHz converters and 64-bit signal processing to deliver significant advances in sound quality over the already highly regarded previous generation of NXAMPs. Bass is solid and high-end definition is particularly impressive in a sonic performance that is both articulate and rich with detail. Even at low volumes, the sound is noticeably transparent and pure. The amplifiers integrate three new multi core DSPs providing a future-proofed hardware platform, equipped to host new algorithms and run next-generation firmware updates for years to come.
With a mains voltage range of 100 to 240 Volts it means the amplifiers can be used anywhere in the world and run on all types of power generators. Robust power supplies use PFC (Power Factor Correction) technology to ensure maximum power conversion efficiency and that the current drawn is smoothed and free of spikes to limit the stress on the mains network at all times. A flexible audio input system encompasses four, high end analogue inputs using cascaded converters for low output noise. Four digital inputs are also available through the rear panel expansion card slot offering optional AES/EBU, EtherSound, Dante or AES67 inputs, all with automatic analogue fall-back. A native dual Ethernet card facilitates remote control and daisy-chaining of amplifiers, and seamless integration with Nexo’s NeMo amplifier management software. In addition to the expansion card slot, other rear panel connectivity includes RS232 serial and GPIO ports along with Speakon outputs for each of the four channels. Occupying only 2U of rack space, the NXAMP4X1MK2 weighs in at just 15.7kg.
NEXO NXAMP4X1MK2 Features
- NEXO and Yamaha collaborate to create the perfect, light weight power and control solution for NEXO loudspeaker systems
- Achieves significant advances in sound quality over previous generation NXAMPs
- 4 x ultra-low distortion Class D amplifiers
- 4 x 1300 Watts
- All essential parameters accessible via a large colour touchscreen on the front panel
- Universal 100 - 240 mains voltage range
- Uses PFC (Power Factor Correction) technology
- Remote control card fitted as standard
- Optional Dante, EtherSound and AES network cards available
- NXAMP4x1MK2 4-channel 1300W power amplifier1
- Channels4 x amplifier channels, 2 by 2 bridgeable
- Max. Output Voltage (no load)4x 105 Volts
- Max. Output Power
- 4 channels mode / 8 Ohms load per channel: 4x 600 Watts
- 4 channels mode / 4 Ohms load per channel: 4x 900 Watts
- 4 channels mode / 2 Ohms load per channel: 4x 1300 Watts
- 2 channels mode / 8 Ohms load per channel: 2x 1800 Watts
- 2 channels mode / 4 Ohms load per channel: 2x 2600 Watts
- Power Consumption
- Standby: 10 Watts
- Idle: 200 Watts
- Frequency Response+/- 1 dB from 10 Hz to 20 KHz
- Input Impedance/Input Sensitivity20 K Ohms / 13 dBu
- Dynamic Range / THD+N110 dB unweighted / typical 0.01 % on a flat setup
- Latency580 µs on a flat setup
- Audio AD and DA Converters24-bits @ 96 KHz
- Processing3x multicore 64-bits processing DSPs
- Back Panel Features
- Analogue Audio Inputs: 4x balanced analogue inputs on XLR3
- Power Outputs: 4x Neutrik Speakon NL-4 outputs
- RS232 Port: 1x DB-9 connector dedicated for DPU connection
- GPIO Port: 1x DB-25 connector with 5x Inputs and 8x Outputs for DMU connection
- Expansion Slot: for networking and digital audio cards, 4x digital audio inputs and remote control
- Mains Sockets: 1x Neutrik Powercon NAC3 (1x 20 A)
- User Interface & Controls
- Front Panel Buttons and Knobs: rotary encoder with push and backlight, tactile screen
- Display: 4.3" diagonal colour display, WQVGA, 480 x 272
- Mains Voltageuniversal power supply with active PFC 100-240 Volts (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption 1/4 Max 2 Ω1900 Watts
- Dimensions2U 19" rack, 20" depth
- Weight33.1 pounds