Headset microphone is available in a variety of different colors, connectors, and sizes.
Microphone headsets offer a level of convenience and mobility beyond even most other lavalier options. The headset is easily covered by hair or hats, and the headset mic can be positioned to hover over or rest against your cheek. Using an omnidirectional pattern, this headset microphone is sensitive at all angles, providing extremely natural sound. Since omnidirectional microphones pick up more sound, soft boost and high boost protection grids are included, as well as a foam windscreen. For these reasons and features specifically available in the DPA 4066 d:fine, this wireless headset microphone is perfect for broadcasting, speaking in large lecture halls, and is exceedingly popular with actors from Broadway to your local community theater.
This wireless microphone headset has a sensitivity of 6 mV/Pa. That sensitivity matches the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters, allowing the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 144 dB before clipping. One-size does not fit all when it comes to sound equipment, and the 4066 wireless microphone headset comes in different sizes so the microphone will be properly placed on either a child’s or adult’s face. Personal preference is also accounted for with the capability to detach the mic boom from the headset mount and wear on either the left or right.
Humidity is often an issue for sound equipment in theaters. This wireless headset mic includes several safeguards against humidity, from a double-vent protection system to a drop stopper on the microphone boom - even the materials inside the mic are water resistant.
Personalize the 4066 d:fine headset microphone by choosing from a variety of available colors, sizes, connectors and amplifier options. This wireless microphone headset uses CORE technology. CORE uses the same capsule as Legacy, and makes improvements in minimizing distorition and significantly expands dynamic range up to 14 dB (capsule dependent).
DPA 4066 Features
- Pristine sound and durability
- Resistant to humidity with double-vent protection system and drop stopper on microphone boom
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Choose from a variety of colors, sizes, and connectors
- 2 Year Warranty
- IP 58 Certified
- 4066 d:fine CORE headset mic1
- Foam windscreens5
- Soft-boost grid1
- High-boost grid1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated output impedance30 - 40 Ω
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weightedtyp. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A)
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- Distortion, THD < 1%134 dB SPL RMS, 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic rangetyp. 111 dB
- Max SPL, THD 10%144 dB SPL peak
- Current consumptiontyp. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- RHup to 90%
- Microphone diameter5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Cable length3.9 ft (1.2 m)