The Samson C02 Pencil Condenser Microphones are small-diaphragm mics designed to capture every nuance and characteristic of your productions. Excelling in both live and recording applications, their low mass diaphragms employ a linear frequency response with optimal transient pickup that make the C02s perfect for miking acoustic instruments. With the ability to handle sound pressure levels of up to 134dB SPL, the C02s are just as ideal for use as drum overheads or cymbal mics.
Packaged as a pair, the C02s are matched to be within ±0.5dB sensitivity of each other. This particularly suites them for stereo miking applications where accuracy is critical. The C02s feature a tight cardioid polar pattern to capture audio in front of the microphone, while minimizing pickup from the side and back of the mics. So increasing isolation and reducing feedback.
All held within a protective carry case, each C02 mic comes with a proprietary shock-mounted mic clips to provide maximum isolation from vibrations, while minimizing noise. In addition, the two included foam windscreens can be fitted to greatly reduce wind noise when used in outdoor environments, or for reducing plosives in vocal applications.
Samson C02 Features
- Small-diaphragm pencil condenser microphones
- Packaged as a stereo pair (matched within ±0.5dB sensitivity of each other)
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- Up to 134dB SPL
- Gold-plated XLR connectors
- C02 pencil condenser microphones2
- Mic clips2
- Carry case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated Output Impedance200 Ω
- Sensitivity-40 dBV/pa (10mv/pa)
- Max. SPL134 dB (THD≤ 0.5% 1000 Hz)
- Equivalent Noise Level22 dB (A weighted IEC/DIN 651)
- Dynamic Range112 dB
- Power Supply 48V Phantom Power (IEC 268-15/DIN 45596)
- Current Consumption3.5 mA
- Dimensions0.79" diameter x 5.91" length
- Weight6 oz