The Whirlwind Micmute boxes offer passive switching solutions for controlling the on and off conditions of a microphone or balanced line signal via footswitch or finger switch operation.
Each box has a female XLR input and a male XLR output jack. When no signal is passing through the boxes, the output jack is configured to mute the input of the connected audio device. All styles of MicMute will pass phantom power for use with condenser type microphones.
The Micmute PT is configured as a Push to Talk switch, meaning that the input signal is normally not connected to the output; nothing is passing through the box. When the switch is depressed and held down, the signal is turned on and passed through to the output. The signal is disconnected as soon as the switch is released.
Whirlwind MICMUTE PT Features
- Configured as a Push to Talk switch
- Passive switching solution
- Female XLR input and male XLR output jack
- Passes phantom power for use with condenser type microphones
- MICMUTE PT microphone mute footswitch1