The TELEFUNKEN M81-SH was designed with the goal to develop a mic that would not only complement the low-profile M80-SH, but also stand out in a universe filled with dynamic microphone options.
The M81-SH retains the same minimal proximity effect, superior feedback rejection, and articulate mid-range as the M80, however the top end is pulled back a bit, yielding a flatter overall frequency response. This combination results in a microphone with a wealth of body and clarity, making it a great tool for taming brighter vocals and guitar tones and for fattening up toms, percussion, horns and thinner sounding sources.
The M81-SH ships with a leather microphone bag and 5 meter SGMC-5R XLR cable with right angle female XLR.
Telefunken M81-SH Features
- Same clear, condenser-like performance as the handheld M81
- Smaller size and built-in mount allow for easier positioning
- High SPL handling and excellent off-axis rejection
- Right-angle XLR cable included
- Designed and hand assembled in the USA
- Recommended Applications: Toms, Guitar amps on stage, Brass instruments
- M81-SH lower profile dynamic microphone1
- Right angle XLR cable1
- Plastic mount1
- Metal mount1
- Zip pouch1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Range50 Hz - 18 kHz, ±3 dB
- Output Impedance325 ohms
- Sensitivity1.54 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- Length: 4.92"
- Diameter: 1.89"
- Weight: 11.99 oz (340 g)