The Electro-Voice® ZX1 is the new standard of no compromise audio performance and versatility for compact sound reinforcement.
The high-tech enclosure uses injection-molded high-impact polypropylene to make the ZX1 extremely durable. The enclosure geometry has been engineered to provide maximum rigidity and acoustic performance. The velocity compensated port design overcomes the limitation of many small loudspeakers and enables exceptional low frequency response without vent noise.
The ZX1’s long excursion, high output 8" woofer with a weatherized treated cone delivers smooth low frequency performance with exceptional reliability. A sophisticated crossover network integrates it with the DH2005, a 1.25” voice coil titanium diaphragm true compression driver for maximum output with extended frequency response. Full-bandwidth overload protection is provided for reliable, long term operation without audible effect.
The horn features 90° x 50° coverage with the important added benefit of rotation, allowing the ZX1 to be oriented either horizontally or vertically for the ultimate in coverage flexibility.
The ZX1’s molded polymer enclosure is inherently water resistant. The enclosure features an integrated pole mount, a pocket handle, and a wedge-angle design allowing for use as a stage monitor.
Electro-Voice ZX1-90 Features
- Smooth, wide frequency response
- Ideal for mains, fills, or monitors
- Velocity-compensated port for exceptional LF
- Long-excursion weather-treated EV8L woofer
- 1.25-inch DH2005 titanium HF compression driver
- Rotatable 90º x 50º horn for flexible coverage
- Passive crossover with full-band overload protection
- High sensitivity, 123 dB maximum SPL
- Power handling: 200 W continuous, 800 W peak
- High-impact polypropylene enclosure
- Compact monitor-friendly wedge shape
- Integrated pole mount adapter and pocket handle
- Metric mounting inserts (4)
- ZX1-90 8" 2-way full-range passive speaker1
- Frequency Response (-3 dB)60Hz - 20,000Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)48Hz - 20,000Hz
- Rec. Hipass Frequency40Hz
- Axial Sensitivity92 dB (1W/1m)
- Max. Calculated SPL121 dB
- Coverage (HxV)100° x 100°
- Rated System Power200W Cont. 2, 400W Prog., 800W Peak
- LF TransducerEV8L, 8" driver
- HF TransducerDH2005, 1" exit compression driver
- Crossover Frequency1,700Hz
- Nominal Impedance8 Ω
- Min. Impedance6 Ω
- ConnectorsNeutrik Speakon NL4
- Enclosure Materialhigh impact polymer
- Grillepolyester powder coated, 18GA galvanized steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD)17.98" x 11.12" x 10.38"
- Weight18.5 pounds