Small but mighty, Zoom’s H4n Pro Handy Recorder is poised to become your perfect handheld recording studio. It has everything you need to create songs from beginning to end – onboard X/Y microphones, two combo input jacks, overdubbing, effects, and more.
Professional preamps in the H4n support recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz. The impressively low noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) makes sure audio at lower volumes comes through in recordings without extra noise and artifacts.
SPL handling up to 140 dB lets you rock out to your heart’s content without distortion. If you want to capture a bit of room ambiance, use the X/Y microphones with a line-level stereo feed from your mixing console (+4dBu line-level is not supported).
Three different recording modes give you a choice in sound capture styles. Stereo Mode uses either the built-in X/Y mics or external mics and excels at recording live performances and acoustic instruments. Capture live room sound and a stereo board feed simultaneously with 4-Channel mode, which uses built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs. Use the H4n Pro as a four-track studio with built-in effects, overdub functions, and more in Multi-Track mode.
The H4n Pro has two locking XLR/TRS combo jacks with switchable phantom power, and a mic/line input via the stereo 1/8” input jack. A stereo 1/8” line output with dedicated volume control is perfect for headphone monitoring or connecting external devices.
Capture more of the moments you can’t see coming thanks to auto-record and pre-record capabilities. Pre-record starts recording 1-2 seconds before you press record, and auto-record captures any audio within designated audio levels. The H4n Pro can also function as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface with a PC or Mac for recording directly to your computer.
Zoom H4n Pro Features
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90° and 120°
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries (sold separately) with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
- H4n Pro handy recorder1
- Protective case1
- Number of simultaneous recording tracks2 (stereo mode and MTR mode), 4 (4CH mode)
- Max file size of simultaneous recording2 GB
- Effects module Stereo/4 CH modelo cut, comp/limiter
- Effects module MTR modepre amp module, EFX module
- Tunerschromatic, guitar, bass, open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
- Variable beat1/4 - 8/4, 6/8, unaccentuated
- Tempo40 - 250 BPM
- A/D conversion24-bit x 128 oversampling
- D/A conversion24-bit x 128 oversampling
- Display128 x 64 dots full-dot backlit LCD
- WAV format quantization16-/24-bit
- WAV format sampling frequency44.1/48/96 kHz
- MP3 format bit rate32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
- MP3 sampling frequency44.1/48 kHz
- Input XLR (balanced input) / standard phone (unbalanced input) combo jack
- Built-in stereo mic
- Type: unidirectional condenser microphone
- Sensitivity: -45 dB/1 Pa at 1 kHz
- Input gain: -16 dB to +51 dB
- Max SPL: 140dB SPL
- External mic
- Type: mini stereo phone jack
- Input impedance: 2 kΩ or more
- Input gain: -16dB to +51dB
- USBUSB 2.0 high speed mass storage class operation, audio interface operation
- Power requirements2 AA batteries OR DC 5V 1A AC from AC adapter (Zoom AD-14)
- Dimensions (WxDxH)2.87x6.19x1.46"
- Weight10.37 oz (294 g)