The RNT: A new flagship tube microphone from sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs®.
Delivers the pristine, musical sonic character and uncompromising performance of the world's most prized recording equipment. All in all, this new flagship tube microphone brings the larger-than-life sounds of classic studio microphones into the modern age with greater depth and clarity than ever before.
The first stage is tube-based, with a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube within the microphone chassis, and implementing a custom-built Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The second stage is within the floor box – which controls polar pattern, filter and gain switching – and is also coupled with a second custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The Class-A electronics and switchable gain ensure a massive dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components, and the switchable low-cut filters eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect.
This enables the RNT to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums.
sE Electronics RNT-U Features
- Uses fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages
- Floor box controls polar pattern, filter and gain switching
- 9-position polar pattern
- Hand-crafted gold-sputtered true condenser capsule
- Hand-selected ECC82 tube and custom Rupert Neve designs audio transformer
- Hand-crafted metal housing with premium finish
- RNT-U Rupert Neve multi-pattern tube condenser microphone1
- RNT floor box (power supply)1
- 8-pin cable (to connect mic to floor box)1
- IEC power cable1
- Wooden microphone box1
- Flight case1
- sE logo sticker1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance30 ohms
- Sensitivity16 mV/Pa (-36 dB)
- Gain-12 / 0 / +12 dB, switchable
- Max. SPL151 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level18 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range133 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio76 dB
- Low Cut Filter40 / 80 Hz, 12 dB/oct, switchable
- Tube Complement1x 12AU7/ECC82
- Connectivity3-pin male XLR connector (floor box)