The BLX24R/SM58 Wireless Handheld Microphone System from Shure is ideal for small venues, special event spaces, houses of worship, conference centers, and educational and corporate facilities. This system includes a BLX4R Rack Mount Receiver, a BLX2 Handheld Transmitter with an SM58 mic capsule, and all the accessories you need to experience legendary audio performance right out of the box.
More about the BLX2 Handheld Transmitter
Lightweight and rugged, the BLX2 delivers audio with professional-caliber clarity and consistency, its sound is customized via its integrated microphone capsule design. This handheld transmitter is capable of -10dB of gain attenuation.
More about the SM58 Microphone Capsule
Boasting a classic look and world-renowned engineering, the SM58 is a durable, versatile mic that handles vocals with clarity and precision. The cardioid pattern minimizes the pickup of background noise, so the mic captures your voice—and not any noise from the sides or back. An integrated pneumatic shock mount absorbs handling noise, so your sound doesn’t get lost in vibration. Meanwhile, the iconic spherical mesh grille and the mic’s built-in pop filter protect your audio from wind and plosives, helping you effortlessly screen out unwanted air.
More about the BLX4R Wireless Receiver
Boasting a rugged build, optimized linearity and frequency response, and scalable versatility, the BLX4R includes a rack mount kit for permanent installation, allowing it to be easily incorporated into any setup. Its removable antennas enable quick distribution. It can expand to up to 12 mic channels, making it a great choice to start and grow your sound system. Setup is quick and easy with QuickScan frequency selection, which also provides improved linearity and frequency response.
More about Shure's BLX Series
BLX® Wireless Systems combine intuitive operation, rigorously tested quality and durability, and legendary sound right out of the box. Transmitters work for up to 14 hours on two AA batteries, and the system operates at a range of 300 feet, allowing you to expand your stage into the audience without interruption. All receivers include Shure’s Quickscan features, allowing you to find a clear frequency and set your transmitter to the same channel quickly and easily.
With consistent reliability across a wide variety of transmitters, receivers, and accessories, you’re sure to find a sound that works for you from this extensive selection of BLX series gear. Pick from bodypack (BLX1), handheld (BLX2), head-worn (MX35, MX53, PGA31, SM31, SM35), instrument (B98), or lavalier (CVL, W85, W93) clip-on transmitters according to what best suits your performance needs. Complement your favorite transmitter with the perfect receiver, from the ultra-portable BLX4 with internal antenna (BLX4, BLX14, BLX24), to the BLX88 dual-receiver that accommodates two transmitters (BLX88, BLX188, BLX288, BLX1288), to the rack-mounted BLXR with its 2 removable antennas (BLXR, BLX4R; rackmount hardware is also included).
Go wireless with confidence using this specially engineered system that gives you pristine audio clarity without noise interference or disappointing dropouts. BLX series gear gives you the versatility and selection to pick and choose precisely the equipment to fit your needs whatever that venue or performance. Whether you’re a performer or presenter, BLX Wireless is the ideal choice for producing stellar, dependable sound.
Shure BLX24R/SM58 System Features
- Up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (region dependent)
- Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity
- One-touch QuickScan frequency selection quickly locates the best frequency
- 1/4" and XLR audio outputs
- Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use
- 300 feet (91 m) operating range (line of sight)
- BLX4R Rack Mount Receiver1
- BLX2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter1
- Microphone Clip1
- Single and Dual Rackmount Kit1
- ¼ Wave Antennas2
- Carrying Case1
- Swivel Adapter1
- Power Supply1
- AA Batteries2
- User Guide1
- Working Range: 91 m (300 ft) Line of Sight
- Audio Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone: 0.5%, typical
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB, A-weighted, typical
- Operating Temperature: -18°C (0°F) to 57°C (135°F)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
- BLX2 Transmitter
- Audio Input Level
- 0dB: -20 dBVmaximum
- -10dB: -10 dBVmaximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10 dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical
- Dimensions: 8.82 in. X 2.09 in. (224 mm X 53 mm) L x Dia.
- Weight: 7.7 oz. (218 g) without batteries
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
- BLX4R Receiver
- Output Impedance
- XLR connector: 200 Ω
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 Ω
- Audio Output Level Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
- XLR connector: –20.5 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: –13 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 1.65 in. X 7.80 in.X 6.42 in. (42 mm X 198 mm X 163 mm) H x W x D
- Weight without antennas: 2.2 lbs (998 g)
- Housing: Molded ABS, steel
- Power Requirements: 12–15 V DC @ 260 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)