Shure BLX® Wireless Systems provide a sound solution for freeing up your hands and making yourself mobile in a variety of spoken and instrumental uses. Typically paired with Shure lavaliers, headsets, or instrumental mics, the BLX88 receiver allows for mobility up to 300 feet away by line of sight. Legendary audio performance is the standard with each system available in the Shure BLX® series.
Tabletop BLX88 analog wireless receiver is the command center for dual-channel Shure BLX® Wireless Systems. The receiver is compatible with mics using the BLX1 bodypack transmitter and BLX2 handheld transmitter. Setup is quick and easy with QuickScan frequency selection. Press one button at setup and QuickScan identifies the best available frequency from 123 auto-scan frequencies. Since this is a dual-channel receiver, two frequencies will be selected. The dual-channel receiver can expand to up to 12 mic channels on each channel for a total of 24, making it a great choice to start and grow your sound system.
Shure delivers on its legendary sound quality with a variety of details in the receiver. In addition to providing a convenient setup, QuickScan provides improved linearity and frequency response. Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity reduces dropouts. Gain levels can be adjusted from BLX transmitters, or on the receiver by holding down the channel button. For even more control over sound the receiver has ¼” and XLR outputs to connect to PA systems and mixing boards.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
- One-touch QuickScan frequency selection quickly locates the best frequency
- Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity
- Operates up to 12 mic channels on each channel
- 1/4" and XLR audio outputs for additional connections
- Audio status indicator LEDs
- BLX88 Dual-Channel Receiver1
- Output Impedance
- XLR connector: 200 Ω
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 Ω
- Audio Output Level Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
- XLR connector: –27 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: –13 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- RF Sensitivity-105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection>50 dB, typical
- Dimensions (HxWxD)1.57" x 7.4" x 4.06"
- Weight8.5 oz. (241 g)
- HousingMolded ABS
- Power Requirements12–15 V DC @ 235 mA (BLX88, 320 mA), supplied by external power supply (tip positive)