Part of Electro-Voice's MFX series, the MFX-15MC is a 15-inch stage monitor that can also be used as a short-throw loudspeaker in sound reinforcement applications.
More about Electro-Voice MFX Series
The MFX Series from Electro-Voice is comprised of rugged, tour-grade multi-functional monitors that deliver a new level of reference performance from compact, two-way, coaxial designs. Ideal for high-performance stage, FOH, side-fill, and in-fill applications, they can also serve as short-throw, full-range sound reinforcement speakers (with or without a subwoofer) and are a great choice for a wide range of permanent installations.
Each model of the MFX stage monitor series features a recessed input panel at the rear of the enclosure, which protects the connectors within the cabinet’s envelope. This input panel includes NL4 input and loop-through connections, along with a passive/biamp switch.
An EV library of DSP settings optimizes the speakers for specific uses. Electro-Voice recommends using the Dynacord TGX or IPX amplifier series (sold separately) when amplifying MFX monitors. Settings run in Dynacord’s SONICUE control software, which loads them into the amplifier DSP section.
Adjust the waveguide to meet your needs simply by changing the orientation of the monitor. MFX monitors have a constant directivity waveguide that has a narrow pattern when used horizontally as a monitor. Simply widen the pattern by repositioning the speaker vertically to use it as a short-throw loudspeaker. The relatively large physical size of the waveguide controls coverage evenly and over lower frequencies, while the dimensions and location of the waveguide interact with the woofer to effectively create a bipole output, enhancing coverage control through the midrange frequencies for enhanced gain-before-feedback performance.
Built into each MFX monitor is an integrated pole cup (located in the side handle recesses) and four M10 suspension points that attach custom U brackets for wall-mount or flown configuration. Truss clamps, stand mount adapters, and a rigging bar is sold separately.
Electro-Voice MFX-15MC Features
- Multi-functional, coaxial, short-throw point source for stage monitoring, FOH, front fill, and side fill
- Rugged tour-grade durability in a lightweight, ergonomic design
- Low profile maximizes audience sight lines
- Switched passive or biamp operation with factory presets for any application
- Range of mounting accessories for live sound and fixed installation
- MFX-15MC 15-Inch Stage Monitor1
- Frequency response (-3 dB)52 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency range (-10 dB) 45 Hz - 19 kHz
- Rotatable coverage 60° x 40° FOH, 40° x 60° Monitor
- Rec. high-pass frequency Use factory preset
- Axial sensitivity 97 dB (1 W/1 m)
- Max. SPL 136 dB
- Power handling 500W (Continuous), 3500W (Peak)
- Nominal impedance passive 8Ω
- Nominal impedance biamp LF 8Ω
- Nominal impedance biamp HF 8Ω
- Transducer CXCA3128-1CA
- Connectors Neutrik NL4 input with NL4 pass through
- Enclosure 12-18-mm Baltic plywood with EVCoat
- Logo Rotatable
- Monitor angles 35° and 55°
- Grille 1.5-mm zinc plated steel with corrosion resistant coating
- Handles Two with integrated cup for standard 35-mm pole
- Suspension Four M10 suspension points located to work with truss clamps, wall mounts, flying brackets and a full range of mounting accessories
- Color Black (RAL 9005) or white (RAL 9003)
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 23.6x19.7x13.4" (600x500x339mm)
- Net weight 51 lbs (23 kg)
- Shipping weight 55.6 lbs (25.2 kg)
-  Half-space with monitor preset
-  Measured one meter on-axis, free field with 12dB crest factor pink noise
-  Continuous power EIA-426A, peak power 500-hour EV music abuse test