The ElectroVoice EVID FM6.2 loudspeaker system is a complete in-wall package consisting of a bezel assembly, grille, rear enclosure, two-way loudspeaker, and an internal line-matching transformer. The loudspeaker features a 6.5” low-frequency cone and high-temperature voice-coil assembly along with a 6.5” long excursion passive radiator and titanium-coated dome tweeter.
The EVID FM6.2 utilizes a crossover network, centered at 3,300 Hz, that provides 16-dB-per-octave tweeter protection outside of its operating range. The FM6.2 features a comprehensive protection circuit to shield the woofer and tweeter drivers from excessive power levels. The FM6.2 utilizes a transformer that offers a selection of 7.5, 15, 30, or 60 watts delivered to the loudspeaker system using either 70-V or 100-V lines. The wattage is selected via a convenient switch on the front baffle. The unit can also be operated as an 8-ohm speaker via the same front panel selector switch.
The perforated grille is finished in semi-gloss white powder-coated enamel. The baffle and bezel are constructed from heat-resistant ABS. The rear enclosure is constructed from zinc-plated steel. The rear enclosure provides an optimum internal volume, ensuring extended low-frequency performance. It is constructed from heavy-gauge, rugged steel. The steel rear enclosure is FEA-optimized to minimize panel resonance. The enclosure is less than 4 inches deep, providing easy installation into tight wall or ceiling spaces. A rear cover, with provisions for a junction box fitting, provides access to a 4-pin terminal block that allows direct connection to the speaker and provides passthrough to additional speakers.
More about EVID Speakers
Create an immersive audio experience, no matter what your environment. The Electro-Voice Innovative Design (EVID) family is a comprehensive line of commercial loudspeaker solutions. Comprised of surface-mount, ceiling-mount, pendant-mount, and flush-mount models, EVID offers a selection of speakers that are the perfect acoustic and aesthetic fit for spaces of any size or shape, both indoors and outdoors.
Combining high power and high performance, EVID is the superior solution to today's installation needs. Mix and match EVID options to meet the specific needs of any application, achieving superior sound quality, consistent visual impact, professional-caliber features, and more—all at a competitive price point.
EVID is designed to meet the demands of professional contractors while keeping listener experience a priority. Each model combines simple installation with premium audio performance, excellent value, low-profile visual impact, and robust reliability. The EVID line works well for providing background music and paging, making them a great choice for restaurants, retail, hospitality, houses of worship, office and commercial buildings, entertainment centers, and other venues. Their outdoor-rated options are an ideal addition to spaces like patios or pools.
The EVID FM series uses innovative Electro-Voice design and premium materials to equip you for high-performance sound reinforcement—all in a unique, low-profile package that fills the room with sound without taking up space. Flush-mount EVID models install neatly and unobtrusively into walls and ceilings, without compromising on output or full-range fidelity. Their rugged, ribbed backcans eliminate unwanted flexing, while their sealed construction focuses sound and isolates noise from adjoining rooms. Offering options that help you find the perfect features to meet your needs, the EVID 3.2, 4.2, and 6.2 models are available in "T"‑designated versions with internal 70 or 100 V line transformers.
Electro-Voice EVID FM 6.2 Features
- Shallow profile, ideal for tight wall or ceiling spaces
- Tuned passive radiator extends bass, enhances performance
- High quality 1-inch titanium dome tweeter
- Full-bandwidth overload protection
- 70 V, 100 V, and 8 ohms operation in the same model for off-the-shelf versatility
- Front-panel mode/wattage selector
- Fully-sealed enclosure provides superior isolation to protect adjacent rooms
- Secure Phoenix-style pass-through connectors for easy wiring and installation.
- Four point "quick mounting" tabs for fast attachment in any wall cavity
- Can-mounted transformer for enhanced rigidity
- Ribbed back can eliminates flexing
- EVID FM 6.2 6" 2-way flush mount speaker2
- Cutout template1
- Paint shield2
- Frequency Response (-3 dB)60Hz - 20,000Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)52Hz - 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity90 dB (SPL 1W/1m)
- Max. SPL115 dB
- Impedance8 Ω nominal (transformer bypass)
- Crossover Frequency3.3 kHz
- Rec. Highpass Frequency60 Hz
- Power Handling75W cont. prog. / 300W peak
- HF Transducer1"
- LF Transducer6.5", passive radiator 6.5"
- Transformer Taps
- 70V: 7.5, 15, 30, or 60W
- 100V: 15, 30 or 60W
- Bypass: 8Ω nominal
- Connectors4 pin phoenix style terminals
- Enclosure Material
- Baffle: UL 94V-O rated ABS
- Backcan: zinc plated steel
- Grilleperforated powdercoated steel with safety tether
- Mounting Systemintegrated toggle anchors
- Support Hardwarecutout template, paint shield
- Dimensions18.32" x 10.09" x 3.95"
- Weight12.7 pounds