This pair of EVID 4.2T Dual 4-Inch Surface Mount Speakers from Electro-Voice is ideal for indoor and outdoor applications requiring high-quality sound. The 4.2’s three-dimensional elliptic baffle symmetrically locates the 1” Ti high-frequency element with a Coherent Coverage Waveguide in front of it and between the 4” low-frequency drivers. This careful shaping, location, and 10° splaying of the LF units provide coverage control by the resulting line array. The curved grille features built-in weather resistance and a hidden leash for safety.
More about EVID Speakers
Create an immersive audio experience, no matter what your environment. The Electro-Voice Innovative Design (EVID) family is a comprehensive line of commercial loudspeaker solutions. Comprised of surface-mount, ceiling-mount, pendant-mount, and flush-mount models, EVID offers a selection of speakers that are the perfect acoustic and aesthetic fit for spaces of any size or shape, both indoors and outdoors.
Combining high power and high performance, EVID is the superior solution to today's installation needs. Mix and match EVID options to meet the specific needs of any application, achieving superior sound quality, consistent visual impact, professional-caliber features, and more—all at a competitive price point.
EVID is designed to meet the demands of professional contractors while keeping listener experience a priority. Each model combines simple installation with premium audio performance, excellent value, low-profile visual impact, and robust reliability. The EVID line works well for providing background music and paging, making them a great choice for restaurants, retail, hospitality, houses of worship, office and commercial buildings, entertainment centers, and other venues. Their outdoor-rated options are an ideal addition to spaces like patios or pools.
Experience a superior solution to modern installation needs with EVID surface mount speakers. Boasting Electro-Voice’s characteristic professional sound quality, a compact installation that seamlessly blends into your architecture, and set-it-and-forget-it reliable performance, these speaker models provide exceptional coverage and pristine intelligibility.
High power and high performance, EVID surface mount speakers are built using EV-engineered internal components that meet the industry’s highest standards of quality. Durable mounting hardware and enclosures enable EVID speakers to meet the rigors of their applications head-on. Offering options that help you find the perfect features to meet your needs, EVID 3.2, 4.2, and 6.2 models are available in "T"‑designated versions with internal 70 or 100 V line transformers.
Electro-Voice EVID 4.2T (Pair) Features
- Compact full range
- Ideal for restaurants, bars, patios, and retail
- Vented LF enclosure
- 1-inch titanium diaphragm HF driver with neodymium magnetic structure
- Coherent Coverage Waveguide
- Full-bandwidth overload protection (LF and HF)
- Elliptical weather-resistant ABS enclosure
- Paintable black or white finish (black pictured, white not pictured)
- Magnetically shielded for video applications
- Strong-Arm Mount for easy, flexible aiming
- "T" version for 70 or 100 V distributed systems
- EVID 4.2T Dual 4'' 2-Way 70V Surface-Mount Speakers2
- Hex key1
- Frequency Response (-10 dB) 65Hz - 20kH
- Power Handling  200W Cont. Prog./400W Peak
- Sensitivity  89 dB, 1W/1m
- Impedance 8 ohms
- Max SPL 113 db
- Horizontal Coverage  120°
- Vertical Coverage  80°
- Crossover Frequency 2.2 kHz
- LF Transducer 2x4" (100 mm)
- HF Transducer 1" (25 mm)
- Protection Full System
- Weather Resistance Meets Mil Spec 810 humidity, salt spray, temperature and UV, and IEC 529 IP 34 splashproof ratings
- Swing x Rotation 100° x 90°
- Terminals Phoenix Connector
- Enclosure Material ABS (paintable)
- "t" Version Wattage Taps
- 70V: 3.75W
- 70V/100V: 7.5W, 15W, 30W, 8 ohm bypass
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 12.2x6.9x8.5" (234x127x165 mm)
- Net Weight (each) 8.5 lbs (3.9 kg)
- Shipping Weight (pair)19 lbs (8.6 kg)
-  Half Space (wall mounting)
-  Continuous Program Rating: 3 dB greater than continuous pink noiserating (IEC-shaped pink noise with 6dB crest factor)
-  Avg: Half Space (wall mounting)
-  When mounted with long axis in vertical plane