TASCAM’s best-selling line of single-rackspace CD players has been updated with the CD-500B. The CD-500B is a slot-loading CD player with a new transport, featuring brushless motors and an edge-grabbing mechanism to prevent disc damage. A front-panel 10-key pad is available for instant access to CD tracks, and flash start is available for instant playback.
The CD-500B supports MP3 and WAV file playback from CD-ROM as well as traditional audio CDs. The TASCAM CD-500B includes 16% pitch control for CD playback speed. Other features include incremental play, fader start, Call/return to last play point, fade in/out, power on play and more.
A variety of control and interface ports are found onto the rear panel. Both RCA unbalanced and XLR balanced analog outputs are provided, as well as S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital outputs. The CD-500B can be controlled through RS-232C, Parallel, wireless remote control or an optional RC-3F footswitch.
The reliable CD-500B is a perfect solution for installation, touring, house of worship and anywhere else rackspace is at a premium.
Tascam CD-500B Features
- Slot-loading mechanism
- RCA unbalanced output
- XLR balanced output
- Optical and Coaxial S/PDIF digital outputs
- XLR AES/EBU output
- All, single, random, A/B and 99-track program play
- Incremental play
- Track elapsed, track remain, disc remain time display
- Call function: return to last play start point
- Intro check
- Fade in/out (0 to 10 sec., in 0.5 sec. steps)
- Power on play
- Frame-accurate search
- Skip back play
- Activate or deactivate the wireless remote
- Relay play with multiple units through 1/8" relay in/out jack
- Index search (CD-DA discs) and directory search (MP3 discs)
- Mono output
- Fader start / Event start
- EOM (End of Message)
- WAV file (up to 48kHz/16-bit) and MP3 file (up to 320kbps VBR) playback
- Headphone output
- RS-232C and Parallel control
- Wireless remote controller included
- Foot switch input (for optional RC-3F foot switch)
- CD-500B Single-rackspace CD Player with Balanced Out1
- StandardJIS X-5101 (equivalent to the former JIS-C-6361 and EIA RS-232C standards) Note that this is not compatible with the RS-422 used in professional VTRs.
- Impedance at receiver(When measured with an applied voltage between -3V and +3 V or between -15 V and +15, the DC resistance is between 3 kohms and 7 kohms.): Total load capacitance is 2500 pF or less
- Open circuit voltage at transmitter25V or less
- Open circuit voltage at receiver2V or less
- Signal voltageWhen the open circuit voltage at the receiver is 0 V, the signal voltage is between -5 V and +5 V or between -15 V and +15 V against a load impedance between 3 kohms and 7 kohms
- Signal discrimination
- Logic "1": -3V or less
- Logic "0": +3V or more