The Rupert Neve Designs 5045 Primary Source Enhancer is an amazing box that will assist mixing engineers where unwanted background sounds bleed into mics.
Imagine inserting the 5045 over a podium mic, making a few adjustments to the very easy to use knobs on the front panel, and realizing how the intelligibility of that mic increases.
The 5045 will handle or reduce unwanted signals well in excess of 20dB, if needed. By simply reducing the background sounds relative to the main audio source, the additional clarity and gain before feedback realized is quite stunning.
Yamaha Portico RND5045 Features
- Optimizes intelligibility of mics
- Works with lav, podium, or headset mics
- Reduces unwanted signals in excess of 20dB
- Portico RND5045 Primary Source Enhancer1
- ThresholdContinuously variable from -20 to 10dBu.
- DepthContinuously variable from 0 to 20dBu.
- Time Constants
- RMS Mode:
- A: 50mS
- B: 100mS
- C: 200mS
- D: 750mS
- E: 1.5S
- F: 3S
- RMS ModeTime Constant data collected using 10dB bursts.
- RMS Mode:
- Peak Mode
- Attack: fixed 20mS
- A: 20mS
- B: 200mS
- C: 1S
- D: 2S
- E: 5S
- F: 30S
- Maximum Output Level+25dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise@ 1kHz, +20dBu output level, no load
- Main Output, feedback suppressor bypassedBetter than 0.002%
- Main Output, feedback suppressor engagedBetter than 0.002%
- NoiseMeasured @ Main Output, un-weighted, 22Hz-22kHz, 50 ohm terminated input.
- Feedback suppressor bypassedBetter than -100dBu
- Feedback suppressor engagedBetter than -95dBu
- Frequency Response
- Main Output @ 20Hz
- -3dB >@150kHz -3dB
- CrosstalkMeasured Channel to Channel Better than -80dB @ 16kHz