Step onto the stage with confidence with Shure's SLXD14/98H Wireless Instrument Microphone System. This wireless system is perfect for musicians who crave increased freedom of movement to engage with their audiences from the stage--or maybe just musicians who like the idea of less gear to trip over.
SLXD1 Digital Wireless Bodypack Transmitter
Be confident with your sound, whether you’re presenting in a lecture hall or performing live on-stage. Featuring industry-leading digital wireless technology and design, the SLXD1 Digital Wireless Bodypack Transmitter easily syncs with a wireless receiver. Choose from an instrument cable or lavalier, headworn, or instrument microphone to complete your setup.
Beta98H/C Miniature Instrument Microphone
The Beta98H/C is a miniature microphone that clamps onto the bell of wind instruments or the rim of percussion instruments. It features preamplifier circuitry that improves linearity across the full frequency range, tailored response for natural sound reproduction, and high gain-before-feedback. Its cardioid pickup pattern minimizes unwanted noise. Get the perfect position with a ratcheting swivel joint, flexible gooseneck, and gooseneck angle brace. An integrated shockmount isolates the mic from vibrations.
SLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver
Experience the freedom of wireless performance with the SLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver. From lecture-hall presentations to worship services to musical concerts, the SLXD4 is the perfect choice for confident, reliable wireless audio, syncing easily to your choice of wireless transmitters. This receiver boasts a rugged, all-metal construction that makes it a durable choice for day-long presentations or all-night performances. Its half-rack size makes it easy to integrate into any preexisting sound setup.
More about the SLXD Series from Shure
Achieve clear, reliable wireless audio with the SLX Digital series from Shure. This install-friendly line of wireless audio gear is ideal for a wide range of applications, from lecture halls to houses of worship to performance venues of all shapes and sizes. Boasting compatibility with Shure’s UHF wireless antenna distribution and remote antenna accessories, as well as offering a wide selection of single half-rack and dual full-rack receiver options, handheld and bodypack transmitters, and your choice of vocal, lavalier, headset, and instrument microphone system configuration—SLXD offers the versatility and functionality you need, no matter what your project.
SLXD maintains stable signals with high efficiency, letting you achieve transparent, 24-bit digital audio and rock-solid, reliable RF performance. This series delivers crystal-clear digital audio quality with >120 dB dynamic range. Enjoy up to 8 hours of continuous operation using two AA batteries (included) or the optional Shure SB903 Li-ion rechargeable batteries and charging accessories (sold separately). The rack hardware necessary for permanent installation in your setup is also included.
With RF scan and IR sync or the receivers’ integrated frequency setup tool, this wireless system is easy to get started at the push of a button. You can link multiple systems locally via Ethernet to manage setup, group frequency scans, and firmware updates. SLXD also is compatible with Wireless Workbench® software and the ShurePlus™ Channels mobile app, giving you the tool for critical oversight and real-time production control.
Shure SLXD14/98H Features
- Extended 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range (microphone dependent)
- 120 dB dynamic range
- Digital predictive switching diversity
- 44 MHz tuning bandwidth (region dependent)
- 32 available channels per frequency band (region dependent)
- Up to 10 compatible systems per 6MHz TV band; 12 systems per 8 MHz band
- Easy pairing of transmitters and receivers over IR scan and sync
- Up to 8 hours from 2 AA batteries or optional Shure SB903 rechargeable battery
- SLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter1
- Beta®98H/C Miniature Instrument Microphone1
- SLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver1
- Rack mounting hardware1
- 1/4 wave antennas2
- Power supply1
- 1.5V AA batteries2
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 470-937.5MHz
- Working Range: 328 ft (100m)
- RF Tuning Step Size
- JB Band: 125kHz
- All Other Bands: 25kHz
- Image Rejection: >70 dB (typical)
- RF Sensitivity: -97dBm at 10 BER
- Latency: 3.2ms
- High-Pass/Low Cut Filter: 150Hz, -12dB/octave
- Audio Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20,000Hz (+1, -2dB)
- Audio Dynamic Range (A-weighted, 20Hz-20kHz, typical): 118dB (@ 1% THD)
- THD: <0.02%
- System Audio Polarity
- XLR: positive pressure on microphone diaphragm 2 with respect to pin 3 of XLR output
- TRS: positive pressure on microphone diaphragm produces positive voltage on the tip of the 6.35mm with respect to the ring of the 6.35mm output
- Mic Offset Range: 0 to 21 dB (in 3 dB steps)