The SLXD2/B58 handheld transmitter from Shure is perfect for speech presentations and vocal performance. Its wireless transmitter delivers expanded freedom to move around the stage or other performance area.
SLXD2 Digital Wireless Handheld Transmitter
Versatile and rugged, the SLXD2 features industry-leading digital wireless technology and design. Choose from a vast selection of interchangeable vocal microphone capsules to perfectly fit your application. Its all-metal construction makes it a hardy component in your audio arsenal.
BETA58A Microphone Capsule
Meet the wireless mic set that matches your vocal potential. The BETA 58’s brightened midrange and bass roll-off give lead and background vocals a mighty presence in the mix. The supercardioid pattern isolates your sound from every other source in the air. The hardened steel mesh grille stands up to some of the rigors of touring.
More about the SLXD Series from Shure
Achieve clear, reliable wireless audio with the SLX Digital series from Shure. This install-friendly line of wireless audio gear is ideal for a wide range of applications, from lecture halls to houses of worship to performance venues of all shapes and sizes. Boasting compatibility with Shure’s UHF wireless antenna distribution and remote antenna accessories, as well as offering a wide selection of single half-rack and dual full-rack receiver options, handheld and bodypack transmitters, and your choice of vocal, lavalier, headset, and instrument microphone system configuration—SLXD offers the versatility and functionality you need, no matter what your project.
SLXD maintains stable signals with high efficiency, letting you achieve transparent, 24-bit digital audio and rock-solid, reliable RF performance. This series delivers crystal-clear digital audio quality with >120 dB dynamic range. Enjoy up to 8 hours of continuous operation using two AA batteries (included with transmitter) or the optional Shure SB903 Li-ion rechargeable batteries and charging accessories (sold separately). The rack hardware necessary for permanent installation in your setup is also included.
With RF scan and IR sync or the receivers’ integrated frequency setup tool, this wireless system is easy to get started at the push of a button. You can link multiple systems locally via Ethernet to manage setup, group frequency scans, and firmware updates. SLXD also is compatible with Wireless Workbench® software and the ShurePlus™ Channels mobile app, giving you the tool for critical oversight and real-time production control.
Shure SLXD2/B58 Features
- Transparent 24-bit digital audio
- Extended 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range (microphone dependent)
- 120 dB dynamic range
- Digital predictive switching diversity
- 44 MHz tuning bandwidth (region dependent)
- 32 available channels per frequency band (region dependent)
- Up to 10 compatible systems per 6MHz TV band; 12 systems per 8MHz TV band
- Easy pairing of transmitters and receivers over scan and IR sync
- Up to 8 hours from 2 AA batteries or optional Shure SB903 rechargeable battery
- Interchangeable microphone capsules
- Rugged metal construction
- SLX-D 2 wireless transmitter1
- Beta®58A interchangeable microphone capsule1
- Mic clip1
- Zippered bag1
- AA battery2
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 470–937.5 MHz, varies by region (See Frequency Range and Output Power table)
- Working Range: 100 m ( 328 ft)
- RF Tuning Step Size: 25 kHz, varies by region
- Image Rejection: >70 dB, typical
- RF Sensitivity: −97 dBm (at 10 BER)
- Latency: 3.2 ms
- Audio Frequency Response: 20 Hz– 20 kHz (+1, 2 dB)
- Audio Dynamic Range: 118 dB (at 1% THD, A-weighted, typical
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.02%
- System Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of XLR output) and the tip of the 6.35 mm (with respect to the ring of the 6.35 mm output) output.
- Mic Offset Range: 0 to 21 dB (in 3 dB steps)
- Temperature Range
- Operating Temperature Range: -18°C (0°F) to 50°C (122°F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -29°C (-20°F) to 74°C (165°F)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable LiIon or 1.5 V AA batteries
- Dimensions: 37.1 x 176 mm (1.46 x 6.93 in.), D x L
- Weight: 147 g
- Housing: Aluminum
- Maximum Input Level: 8.2 dBV (2.57 Vrms, 7.27 Vpp)
- RF Output
- Antenna Type: Integrated Single Band Helical
- Occupied Bandwidth: <200 kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure proprietary digital
- Power: 1 mW or 10 mW