The CBT 70J-1, with Constant Beamwidth Technology™, represents a breakthrough in pattern control consistency, utilizing complex analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to accomplish superior, consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of straight form-factor column speakers.
The CBT 70J-1 combines Constant Beamwidth Technology with a physical J-shaped curving, resulting in a very well controlled progressive line array with asymmetrical vertical coverage. The asymmetrical coverage produces a higher concentration of sound with a tighter pattern from the upper half of the array and a lower concentration of sound with a broader vertical pattern from the lower half of the array. This sends more sound toward the far area of the room than to the near area of the room, resulting in more even front-to-back SPL levels than would be the case from a traditional speaker or column that projects symmetrically in the vertical plane.
- Asymmetrical vertical coverage sends more sound toward far area of room to make front-to-back sound levels more consistent.
- Components: Sixteen 25 mm (1 in) soft dome tweeters and four 125 mm (5 in) high-power LF drivers, arranged coaxially.
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth Technology™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-ofcoverage lobing.
- Vertical pattern coverage switchable between 45° for medium-throw coverage and 25° for long-throw applications.
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode.
- Dynamic SonicGuard™ overload protection of HF devices
- Swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket included.