The CBT 70J-1, with Constant Beamwidth Technology™, represents a breakthrough in pattern control consistency, utilizing complex analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to accomplish superior, consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of straight form-factor column speakers.
The CBT 70J-1 combines Constant Beamwidth Technology with a physical J-shaped curving, resulting in a very well controlled progressive line array with asymmetrical vertical coverage. The asymmetrical coverage produces a higher concentration of sound with a tighter pattern from the upper half of the array and a lower concentration of sound with a broader vertical pattern from the lower half of the array. This sends more sound toward the far area of the room than to the near area of the room, resulting in more even front-to-back SPL levels than would be the case from a traditional speaker or column that projects symmetrically in the vertical plane.
JBL CBT 70J-1 Features
- Asymmetrical vertical coverage sends more sound toward far area of room to make front-to-back sound levels more consistent.
- Components: Sixteen 25 mm (1 in) soft dome tweeters and four 125 mm (5 in) high-power LF drivers, arranged coaxially.
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth Technology™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-ofcoverage lobing.
- Vertical pattern coverage switchable between 45° for medium-throw coverage and 25° for long-throw applications.
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode.
- Dynamic SonicGuard™ overload protection of HF devices
- CBT 70J-1 2-Way Line Array Column Speaker1
- Swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket 1
- Drivers Four 130 mm (5 in) LF drivers Sixteen 25 mm (1 in) HF drivers
- Frequency Range (-10dB) 60 Hz – 20 kHz
- Coverage Angle Vertical (selectable via switch) Narrow Mode: 25° (2 kHz - 16 kHz) (±10°) Broad Mode: 45° (750 Hz - 16 kHz) (±10°) Horizontal 150° (500 Hz – 8 kHz, ±20°)
- Sensitivity Narrow: (speech mode) 98 dB (1 kHz - 8 kHz) (music mode) 93 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz) Broad: (speech mode) 96 dB (1 kHz - 8 kHz) (music mode) 92 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Impedance 8 ohms
- Power Rating 500 W (2000 W peak), 2 hrs 350 W (1400 W peak), 100 hrs
- Maximum SPL (1m) Narrow: (speech mode) 125 dB cont ave (131 peak) (music mode) 120 dB cont ave (126 peak) Broad: (speech mode) 123 dB cont ave (129 peak) (music mode) 119 dB cont ave (125 peak)
- Low Frequency Drivers 4 pcs, 130 mm (5 in) drivers, dual magnet neodymium, 38 mm (1.5 in) voice coil, damped blended textile surround, coated diaphragm for moisture, UV, and salt resistance, shielded.
- High Frequency Drivers 16 pcs, 25 mm (1 in) drivers, dual magnet neodymium, encased magnet and coated diaphragm for moisture, UV and salt resistance, shielded.
- Enclosure Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, painted aluminum grille
- Outdoor CapabilityIP-55 rated, per IEC529, when installed with optional MTC-PC2 panel cover. UV, moisture and 200-hr ASTM G85 acid-air/salt-spray resistant.
- Color Black or white (-WH)
- Insert Points 10 M6 swivel (pan)/tilt (16 mm deep) insert points on back panel.
- Mounting Included swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket provides continuously variable +/-80 degree left-right swivel aiming (at no up/down tilt -- see Bracket Guide for maximum swivel range at various up/down tilt angles), continuously variable +/-15 degree tilt, as well as 5 degree fixed increment points. Ten threaded mounting points located on back panel of cabinet conform to industry standard rectangular 127 x 70 mm (5.0 x 2.75 in) pattern for OmniMount® 60.0 and other compatible third-party brackets. Threaded mounting points can be utilized for suspension.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 694 x 170 x 237 mm(27.4 x 6.7 x 9.3 in)
- Net Weight 9.5 kg (21 lb)